Calling all 221g in Ottawa

shuchigupta

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

I have been waiting for a decision on my 221g. If others in similar situation could post their info as well, it might help. My details are as below

1)  Interview date & Time: 20th November 2018

2. Case created / Status update:   Created: 16th November 2018, Updated: 20th November 2018

3. # of working days so far: 6 days (after response was sent)

4. Consulate kept any docs : None

5. Consulate kept Passport : No

6. VO comment: You have exhausted 6 years on H1B. I need to see your I-140. 

7. Color of 221g : Yellow

8. Any other info would like to share: I kept telling her that my 6 years on H1B were not exhausted. She insisted that she needed to see my I-140 to see whether my petition is valid. My attorney sent her a response summarizing that I have been on H1B from 10/01/2013 and was on H4 for 6 months. He also showed that I traveled many times in and out of the US and that my petition validity date of June 2020 should make sense. The response was sent on November 22, 2018

9. Still in CANADA ?? Yes

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

this Monday I had my renewal F1 visa appointment at the US in Ottawa. I got the 122g blue one. 

I am PhD student (3 year) and it is the first time I get into this situation. The officer kindly told me that the process would take between 2 to 4 weeks. I don’t have enough funding to wait here that long. She said I can wait in a third country. I have free flight tikect to France where I’m going to be waiting patiently. Does anybody here can explain why We get this 122g? 

Archived