Calling all 221g in Ottawa

shuchigupta

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/8/2018 at 9:17 AM, Ottawa H4 221g said:

@OttawaH-1B there are still no update on CEAC website. its still showing Admin Processing.

@tomarmk It says we finished admin processing on your case and ready to process your visa. Please submit the passport.

Yes you can submit the passport irectly at consulate but pick up I am not sure. Ask in consulate office when you go for passport submission.

Did you get your passport back? If yes how long it took?

On 3/12/2018 at 3:59 PM, Ottawa H4 221g said:

Does anyone know how long does it takes to get the passport back with visa stamp after submiting to cousulate?

My case was in 221g and got emial on Wednesday to submit the passport. I did send the passport on same day and was delivered on Thursday. Today is Monday still the case is showing in admin procesing.

Call consulate. I should not take more than 2-3days. 

14th business day still counting... for email to submit passport. 

I hope Tillerson firing does not delay process. 

6 hours ago, OttawaH-1B said:

I have emailed embassy and also called NVC (Nonimmigrant section) but no helpful information was obtained. And, the wait continues.... 13th working day with no update :(

This is very frustrating. No transparency in the process. No service level agreement among departments. I hope some day somebody will think about it. Why all these checks at visa time? why not at petition time?

2 hours ago, OttawaH-1B said:

@tomarmk Yes, it is very frustrating to not know the actual status behind the so called "Admin Processing". Did you try contacting embassy?

I just sent an email couple of times with same response that "your case is under review blah blah blah". What number did you call for NIV section?

On 3/16/2018 at 0:36 PM, OttawaH-1B said:

@tomarmkPhone (for nonimmigrant visa inquiries only):  
(603) 334-0888. Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight EST, excluding holidays. Not very useful though!

Thank you for phone number. I will call this Monday. I know answer but let us see. Did you hear anything about your case yet?

Archived