Calling all 221g in Ottawa

shuchigupta

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Raj8,

Yes, I got an update today that they approved my VISA. How did you come to know about this news? I did not publish the update any where in the public forums.

My Timeline:

1. Interview date & Time: 13th July 2016 8:15 am

2. Case created / Status update:   13th July 2016 

3. # of working days to issue visa: 21 business days

4. Consulate kept any docs : Client Letter, Employer Letter

5. Consulate asked any additional information: After couple of weeks of interview, they asked me to email them the RFE notice and response submitted to USCIS when we filed for my H1b extension.

5. Consulate kept Passport : YES

6. Color of 221g : YELLOW

7. Any other info would like to share: The Embassy did not respond until yesterday when I sent a follow up email to know any updates about my case as it is close to a month. The status updated date on CEAC website was then changed in an hour to 08/11 after sending the email and the status is changed to ISSUED this morning. The embassy replied back saying the processing is complete and passport will be delivered in 4-5 business days. However, I got the shipment details from CPC in the evening and expected delivery date is 08/15. 

Good Luck to everyone. The processing is very slow but nothing much we can do about it.

Thanks,

Rag8

Rag8, Thanks for the update. It was just my guess. You didn't post any comment so I assumed that you must have got response.

Roboq2, yeah waiting is very hard. Every minute is painful. Hopefully we will hear soon. You said it's been 10 days, may be send email to embassy next week and ask for update. Mine is only 5 days.

Hey guys any body recently got 221g from Ottawa. How many days it's now taking approximately to hear from Embassy? It's 9 days for me, no news. Then damn these weekends in between. Please if anyone read this, post some comments here. I got blue slip. They just kept my CV. Thanks!

First of all I want to thanks Murthy law firm for these forums and then to all the people who provided valuable information and timeline. I don't know how many times I read the comments on this thread. This gave me hope and helped me a lot. Everyday, every minute was so stressful, sitting in a hotel and worried if I ever will be able to go back to my family in US. It's hard to explain here. This was my 2nd H1B stamping but got 221g blue slip first time. Thank you so much to all who shared their experience here.

I received notification on 19th business day to submit the passport. So if anybody got blue slip and just submitted CV than it will take 14-21 business days to get response from embassy. Try not to get stress out. I didn't find a single case online where anybody got blue slip, CV requested and had to wait for more than 21 days. 

After passport is submitted, then another wait of 3-5 business days to get email that your visa is processed. In these 3-5 business days, email will be received that visa is processed and it will take 4-5 days to get the tracking number but usually you will get email very next day with the tracking number. Then next day, passport will be delivered at the selected location. So total approximately around 1 month. Personally I liked Ottawa Embassy. They responded to my emails. Don't freak out if you get email about 60 business days or 3 months.

Thanks Raj for your update and I know how much relief it is once you get the update.

So once you get the update, can we submit the passport in any other location such as Toronto. Currently I am in Toronto and wanted to see if I can submit and collect the passport from Toronto.

1. Interview date & Time: 15th Sep 9am

2. Case created / Status update:   5th Sep

3. # of working days so far: 1 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : Resume

5. Consulate kept Passport : NO

6. VO comment: We need to do additional processing,  about your studies and research publications and it will take 2-3 weeks

7. Color of 221g : YELLOW

8. Any other info would like to share: no

9. Still in CANADA ?? YES

1. Interview date & Time: 15th Sept 2016 9:30am

2. Case created / Status update:   15th Sept 2016

3. # of working days so far: 3 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : Client Letter & Employer letter

6. VO comment: We need to review futher and it will take around 3 days

7. Color of 221g : White

8. Any other info would like to share:

9. Still in CANADA ?? Yes

20 hours ago, sukhdeep said:

2. Case created / Status update:   5th Sep

3. # of working days so far: 1 days

6. VO comment: We need to do additional processing,  about your studies and research publications and it will take 2-3 weeks

8. Any other info would like to share: no

221 G Timeline: Ottawa Canada

Interview Date: 7th Sept 2016 (was issued a G221), Wednesday

Docs Submitted: 7th Sept 2016, Wednesday

Automated Email: 7th Sept (Said documents received and automated email right after I send the documents)

2nd Email: 9th Sept , Friday (Just 1 word says received Thanks, this was not an automated email)

23rd sept final email to submit passport (13 business days including the interview date and the date I received the email)

221 G Timeline: Ottawa Canada---Final Timeline---Sept 2016

Interview Date: 7th Sept 2016 (was issued a G221), Wednesday

Docs Submitted: 7th Sept 2016, Wednesday

Automated Email: 7th Sept (Said documents received and automated email right after I send the documents)

2nd Email: 9th Sept , Friday (Just 1 word says received Thanks, this was not an automated email)

23rd sept final email to submit passport (13 business days including the interview date and the date I received the email)

26th Sept: Submitted passport to the embassy in person.

28th Sept: Got the passport and drove back to US.

A Total of 16 business days 24 days in total form 6th Sept to 28th Sept 2016

• 2 weeks later...

2. Case created / Status update:   15th Sep

3. # of working days so far: 19 days

8. Any other info would like to share: Got my first email on Oct 6 to submit passport and docs. Status date changed on Oct7, again status date changed on Oct 11. On Oct 12, status changed to ready for 1 hour then back to AP.On Oct 13 morning, status changed to issued. Hoping to get my passport back by Oct 14.

Archived