2 year HRR completed. Now what?

Samarth

Hi. I received Grad medical training on a J1 visa and recently completed the 2 year HRR in my home country. Currently I'm visiting the US on a B1/B2 visa.

My spouse holds a H1B visa and I'm planning to apply for a H4 visa. My questions:

a. Can I go to Canada for my H4 stamping? I'm an Indian citizen and the current wait times for a H4 visa appointment in India is more than 90 days.

b. Or is it mandatory that I go to my home country to get H4 visa stamping?

c. I will have to prove completion of my 2 year home country stay. I'm planning on submitting the following:

1. 2 year home country stay requirement Introductory letter with calculations and trip dates overview.
2. Trip Itineraries indicating arrival and departure dates.
3. Boarding tickets (unfortunately I don't have all of them).
4. Travel history obtained from DHS website.
5. Departure/Arrival stamps in Passport.
6. Affidavit from a US based immigration attorney: Will this help?????

d. Since my H4 is a little complicated, do you think I will have any issues at the US embassy in Canada?

I will really appreciate your responses. 

Thanks so much!
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to give back to the community. Thought my experience might be helpful to someone facing similar situation as I did.

I went to my home country for H4 visa stamping although I was told by an attorney that I could go to Canada if I wished.

I took all relevant H4 visa supporting documentation along with proof of completion of 2 year HRR.

To my surprise, the interview was done in about 45 seconds and the officer asked me only 5 questions and said my visa is approved. He didn't ask me any questions pertaining to my prior J1 visa and 2 year home country stay requirement.  

Archived