Moving from H1-B to EAD (I-485 pending)

DD26

I am currently on H1B visa which is valid for another 3 years.My husband's employer has filled for his and his dependents green card. I received my EAD(AP) on July 1st '16. 

Below are the questions I have: 

1. If I move to a different employer on EAD what would happen to my H1-B? Can I reactivate the H1B later in case of any unforeseen circumstances with EAD?

2. If I have to move to EAD, should i move to H4 status or is there a change of status required?

3. I have received my EAD but my husband hasn't being the primary applicant. What could be the reason?

1. Yes. But if you have a problem with AOS that will only be for fraud and hence H1 is not going to help. If you wish absolute freedom to work for anybody please feel free to use the EAD.

2. This EAD is based on your pending AOS and not related to H1 or H4 in any way or form.

3. Impatience. Most likely by coming Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...

If I leave my current employer to take a break, they will cancel my H1-B visa. Do i have to notify USCIS that I am moving to Green Card EAD or is there any process to be followed?

The pending I-485 keeps you legal.

For a new job, you just present the EAD when filling out the I-9 form at the employer. Nothing else is needed.

Archived