Calling all 221g - Only Vancouver Consulate

kf09

Hi guys,

i saw one of the post in forum for 221g's in Vancouver in 2015. I thought of following the same for Vancouver consulate. I request everyone who have attended interview in Vancouver and got 221g and still awaiting the response, Please update the case in this posting with interview date, case status date (if any update), # days waiting so far (only working days) & if possible interivew experience in brief

1. Interview date & Time: 24th June 8am

2. Case created / Status update:  ---

3. # of working days so far: 4 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : i-797

5. Consulate kept Passport : Yes

6. VO comment: wait for email from us and will take longer than what it took during your 1st stamping(2days)

7. Color of 221g : YELLOW

7. Any other info would like to share:

I think this will be helpful to track all 221g's in one post.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

i saw one of the post in forum for 221g's in Vancouver in 2015. I thought of following the same for Vancouver consulate. I request everyone who have attended interview in Vancouver and got 221g and still awaiting the response, Please update the case in this posting with interview date, case status date (if any update), # days waiting so far (only working days) & if possible interivew experience in brief

1. Interview date & Time: 24th June 8am

2. Case created / Status update:  ---

3. # of working days so far: 4 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : i-797

6. VO comment: wait for email from us and will take longer than what it took during your 1st stamping(2days)

7. Color of 221g : YELLOW

7. Any other info would like to share:

I think this will be helpful to track all 221g's in one post.

My DS 160 location selection and stamping consulate appointment were different. Will that causes any issues ??

My DS 160 location selection and stamping consulate appointment were different. Will that causes any issues ??

I think it is very important to have the DS-160's selected consulate to match the one where you are scheduling the interview. That is you cannot use a Vancouver DS-160 to schedule a appointment in Ottawa. It might allow you to schedule the appointment with a warning but this will cause you problems with consular processing. My recommendation is retrieve your existing application and create a new application based on that for your appropriate consulate. It takes few minutes. If you already scheduled your appointment with a wrong DS-160 email them and get is fixed before your interview than waiting to see if it will cause problems. Good Luck. And let us know here what happened so others may benefit. 

Hi kf09,

I am also in the same boat.Got 221g yellow slip on June 20th in Vancouver.

Please share your email.

sri0329, now the candidate count is 4.

Add your email id to your profile, i will contact you. else send me message to gmail  -  khaula09 gmail

Did you try email them at canada@ustraveldocs.com? Submit a new DS-160 without cancelling the appointment. Email a request to this email id to update the DS-160 number to your appointment. Another option is to carry both DS160s (old and new) and request the consulate officer to use new DS160.

Did you try email them at canada@ustraveldocs.com? Submit a new DS-160 without cancelling the appointment. Email a request to this email id to update the DS-160 number to your appointment. Another option is to carry both DS160s (old and new) and request the consulate officer to use new DS160.

I sent an email to VancouverAP@state.gov and VancouverNIV@state.gov

Reply1 : "Your case is undergoing review. Unfortunately we cannot give an accurate timeline on how long this will take. At this time we do not need any further documents from you. However, if you could please confirm the details of your current ‘end-client’ assignment it would be appreciated. Please list the company name, location and your job title."

Reply2: "You do NOT need to make any changes on your DS-160, you were given the wrong form.  Your case is simply under further review with the consular officer.  Once the review is complete and a decision is made on your H1B visa application, you will receive further instructions."

I think it is very important to have the DS-160's selected consulate to match the one where you are scheduling the interview. That is you cannot use a Vancouver DS-160 to schedule a appointment in Ottawa. It might allow you to schedule the appointment with a warning but this will cause you problems with consular processing. My recommendation is retrieve your existing application and create a new application based on that for your appropriate consulate. It takes few minutes. If you already scheduled your appointment with a wrong DS-160 email them and get is fixed before your interview than waiting to see if it will cause problems. Good Luck. And let us know here what happened so others may benefit. 

Thanks for info. My Canada visa was delayed and unable to attend the appointment. When i am rescheduling i will correct it.

Got passport after 15 days(9 working days)

There were around 5 people other than myself stuck in 221g..another person got in 6 working days, another in 10 working days. couple of them having the same case as mine are waiting in Vancouver even after 11 working days. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On August 29, 2016 at 4:02 PM, manojreddy53 said:

No update Phani, What is your email id? Can you please update your profile to reach out to you

Manoj,

Write to me on gmail. No update on my case yet. Still in Vancouver. I will try to update my profile with email. My google id is simple in the signature below. Just my name 'Phanindhra'

Thanks

Phanindhra

• 1 month later...

Have not seen much activity here for last month. Anyway, reviving this thread.

1. Interview date & Time: 3rd Oct morning

2. Case created / Status update:  --- 3rd Oct

3. # of working days so far: 3 days

4. Consulate kept any docs : i-797, publications

6. VO comment: wait for email from us. This may take few weeks.

7. Color of 221g : Print out on white paper, so not sure if this is white or could have been other color. Will go with White for now.

This time it was H1B (extension but first H1B visa stamping). Also happened 8 years ago with my F1.

Hi All,

Since there are a few people who received 221g here. I wanted to share my experience and get help from others in the similar situation as well.

I had my first h1b stamping at Vancouver, BC today (October 6th at 7.45 am). Changing from F1 to H1. 

VO took my passport and I797. Asked if I studied in the US and the course. I answered. Then he was looking for a J-1 visa, I said I was on F-1 visa and moved to H1 in 2015. He asked for my OPT cards. I provided. Then asked my resume. I gave. He returned my passport and said that my case requires additional processing and gave me the 'yellow' admin processing slip.

If you're in a similar situation or have been in the recent past, can you provide how long it might take for them to approve the visa? Also, I would appreciate suggestions on some cost-effective accommodation options too!

Hello All, 

I had my appointment today for my H1B Extension stamping (10/06/2016 at 7.45AM). Nothing has changed since my previous H1 as I have been working for the same client since 5 years and also with same employer (My client is a direct client for my employer). VO asked me for paystubs, Client Letter and I-797. Asked me some routine questions about how the employer was treating me and If paying me on time. And then he gave a booklet that is generally given after visa is approved. He was later typing something, pulled out the 221g White slip and told me that my case needs additional processing. I am hoping he will contact my Client Manager in which case I should be fine. 

Can anyone tell me how long cases with White slip take in Vancouver and what documents or verifications the Consulate has asked? 

23 hours ago, Canucks_H1bRenewal said:

Hello All, 

I had my appointment today for my H1B Extension stamping (10/06/2016 at 7.45AM). Nothing has changed since my previous H1 as I have been working for the same client since 5 years and also with same employer (My client is a direct client for my employer). VO asked me for paystubs, Client Letter and I-797. Asked me some routine questions about how the employer was treating me and If paying me on time. And then he gave a booklet that is generally given after visa is approved. He was later typing something, pulled out the 221g White slip and told me that my case needs additional processing. I am hoping he will contact my Client Manager in which case I should be fine. 

Can anyone tell me how long cases with White slip take in Vancouver and what documents or verifications the Consulate has asked? 

From what I have seen in several forums, it really depends on what information needs to be verified and how soon can they verify it.

Some folks had reported that it took 6 to upwards of 11 days. Keep in mind that Oct 10th is a holiday in Canada, so depending on when the requests are forwarded to US agencies, that may add a day.

What timeframe did the VO mention? Most folks are saying that you should get it in the timeframe mentioned by the VO.

Archived