changing DS160 number after taking appointment

shuchigupta

I had to go for my H1b stamping to canada and thus I filled Ds160 for US embassy in Toronto, but since there are no dates available till Jan 2017, I ended up choosing Ottawa as location and got only available appointment of June 15. Now I realized that I have to fill in a new DS160 and update the new DS160 with the US embassy in Canada. My question is:

1. is there any way to get the Ds160 updated without cancelling the appointment ?

2. Can this info be updated at the time of interview?

Any other suggestion for handling this situation is also welcome.

Thanks

as long as you have not submitted your DS-160 you can use the same DS-160 to reschedule appointments. filling and submitting are two different things, Did you submit your first DS-160?? 

I had to go for my H1b stamping to canada and thus I filled Ds160 for US embassy in Toronto, but since there are no dates available till Jan 2017, I ended up choosing Ottawa as location and got only available appointment of June 15. Now I realized that I have to fill in a new DS160 and update the new DS160 with the US embassy in Canada. My question is:

1. is there any way to get the Ds160 updated without cancelling the appointment ?

2. Can this info be updated at the time of interview?

Any other suggestion for handling this situation is also welcome.

Thanks

Yaa I had to submit my First DS160 to make an appointment with US embassy. After taking the appointment, I called embassy and was told to submit a new DS160 and request the customer care of US embassy in Canada by email to change the DS160 number on their system. This was the easiest way as on Phone, the embassy  told me they would have to cancel my existing appointment and give me the new one.

It took them 3-4 business days and today I got the confirmation email that my DS160 has been updated on the system and I keep my fingers crossed from my interview tomorrow.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Yaa I had to submit my First DS160 to make an appointment with US embassy. After taking the appointment, I called embassy and was told to submit a new DS160 and request the customer care of US embassy in Canada by email to change the DS160 number on their system. This was the easiest way as on Phone, the embassy  told me they would have to cancel my existing appointment and give me the new one.

It took them 3-4 business days and today I got the confirmation email that my DS160 has been updated on the system and I keep my fingers crossed from my interview tomorrow.

Thanks 

How did your interview go? Could you please provide the email id for customer care of US embassy? Thanks.

Archived