H1B to H4 COS i 539 form issue

android.dmk

Hi Team,

I have quick question regarding i539 form ( Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status). Please clarify the following questions - 

1) Is this application based on extension or change of status already granted to your spouse, child, or parent? If yes, provide USCIS Receipt Number 

- Yes

- No

2) Is this application based on separate petition or application to give spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status ? 

- Yes filed with this i539

- Yes filed previously and pending with USCIS

- No

Please provide clarity to me if question 1 is referring to my spouse's visa status.

Thanks

1) Is this application based on extension or change of status already granted to your spouse, child, or parent? If yes, provide USCIS Receipt Number 

- Yes

- No

if she is already on H4 status and you are applying for extension then provide the old receipt number for Yes

No if she dont have any old H4 receipt number 

2) Is this application based on separate petition or application to give spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status ? 

- No

What exactly is your scenario..?  based on which people can assist you..

I am on H1 B currently since october 2015. I am looking at changing my visa status from H1 B to H4 and hence filling in Form I 539 for change of status.

My husband has a valid H1 B until Sep 2017 and I want to go back to the dependent visa status.

My question here is - 

- Yes
- No

In this question, are they referring to change of status granted to me on my husband's? Whose USCIS receipt number should i key in? 

- No

Given my current scenario, would question 2. (quoted above) apply to me? 

Thanks. 

- Yes
- No

if she is already on H4 status and you are applying for extension then provide the old receipt number for Yes
No if she dont have any old H4 receipt number 

- No

What exactly is your scenario..?  based on which people can assist you..

Archived