H1-B extension. Employer upgraded to PP. No response.

Kumar Raj

Kumar Raj,

Premium Processing for the H1B Visa is a service provided by the Department of Homeland Security (USCIS) that offers 15 day processing time

Since you are saying it is only a week, you still have time to wait. In the past, I got H1 approval on 13th day. So need to panic for another week. 

My employer upgraded my extension case to premium. It's been a week and I still see no changes in the online status. Is there anything we could do?

Did this happen to anyone?

Have patience man...  The clock for premium processing is 15 working days, you should get the updates any time..

However on the USCIS website you have the option to enable mobile as well as mail alerts by login, by this way you don't have to refresh the page again & again, in fact you will be notified when USCIS updates the case.

Thanks Satish.

My concern is that my case has been transferred to another USCIS processing center and my VISA expires in a couple of weeks, with it, expires my DL. 

My attorney upgraded the case to PP and I am just wondering if this "upgrade" is reflected as a status update or not. In simpel words " How would I know if my case has been upgraded to premium or not by USCIS. did they receive the request, are they processing it in PP, any issues etc?"

That is what I want to know. 

Thanks Satish.

My concern is that my case has been transferred to another USCIS processing center and my VISA expires in a couple of weeks, with it, expires my DL. 

My attorney upgraded the case to PP and I am just wondering if this "upgrade" is reflected as a status update or not. In simpel words " How would I know if my case has been upgraded to premium or not by USCIS. did they receive the request, are they processing it in PP, any issues etc?"

Do not worry.. Even through your H1B is expired you are in legal status as you have the extension receipt number filed on time..

Regarding the DL you need to wait until you get the approved copy of Petition and this is pain as in most of the status DL will not be renewed unless you show them your original H1B copy with updated I94.

Have patience everything should be good in few days..

Meanwhile you can work with your company immigration team as when they upgraded to PP, they should be having the tracking number for the PP processing upgrade packet and you can check that tracking to see if the packet has succesfully delivered to USCIS or not.. 

If delivered, then you need have patience until the case gets updated, if no then follow up with your company on this..

Thanks Satish.

Please note that 15days time starts from the day USCIS receives your premium check, not from the day when your employer agreed to make premium case or sent check. Sometimes I see employers say they applied/sent premium check via mail but the mail reaches USCIS after 2-3 days laters. Just FYI.

Archived