If you agree to abide by our rules below, you should press the "Register" button, which will enable you to register. If you do not agree, press the "Cancel" button.
The MurthyForum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community through the generosity and goodwill of The Murthy Law Firm. One need not be a client of this Office in order to become a member. Participation in the Forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
To avoid confusion, please select a Screen Name (the Name associated with your Forum Messages), that does NOT include the word or name: Attorney, Lawyer, Client, Sheela, or Murthy. Keep in mind that the Screen Name you select will be seen by all Forum members and visitors. Take steps to protect your privacy.
Forum postings are moderated before they are released to the MurthyForum, so you will experience a delay before seeing your post. The MurthyForum is not intended to be a real-time chat. Administrators release questions periodically throughout the day and night when they comply with forum rules and are considered helpful to other users and appropriate to the goals of Attorney Murthy to serve the immigrant community. Unfortunately, monitoring has become necessary due to abuse of the Forum. This change in procedure should enable us to keep topics on track and moving in a positive direction for all users. We do not guarantee or suggest that all postings are accurate, complete, or useful. We are not responsible for the contents of any message.
This is a public forum. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages. You post messages with the full understanding that they may be seen by anyone. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless this community, The Murthy Law Firm, MurthyDotCom, IP.Board (the makers of the bulletin board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message/s.
We at this Community also reserve the right to reveal your identity or other information we know about you in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
VIEWS OF AUTHOR
Messages express the views and opinions of the author of the message, not necessarily those of this community, The Murthy Law Firm, MurthyDotCom, or any entity associated with this community.
RIGHT TO REMOVE OR EDIT
We reserve the right to remove, or not release to the Forum, any messages violating the terms of membership and Forum use, whether stated or implied, or for any other reason deemed reasonable by our administrators. We reserve the right to edit messages in order to make them acceptable under the rules of the Forum, to keep them to a reasonable length, or for any other reason deemed reasonable by our administrators.
Forum members who are offended by the posting of another member, should eMail their complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forum members whose postings prompt such action, may be given a warning or may have their memberships revoked without warning. This is at the discretion of the Webmaster.
Although our administrators review all messages before releasing them to the Forum, we at this community reserve the right to delete any message at any time. This is at the discretion of the Webmaster.
MISUSE OF FORUM
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, disrespectful, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
AS A RESULT OF THE ABOVE, YOU AGREE TO :
- address other Forum members respectfully and refer to any other members or persons in a respectful manner.
- not post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by MurthyDotCom.
- not post any advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations as all such postings are considered inappropriate in this community.
- not slander, abuse, harass, intimidate, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- not post or distribute any slanderous, obscene, indecent, or unlawful material.
- not discuss (by mentioning the names) the services or websites of other U.S. immigration attorneys, whether favorable or not. Any unfavorable references to other attorneys, their services, or websites will prompt our immediate legal action.
- not post non-government URLs. (This rule is to prevent advertising efforts and to protect visitors from those who would use this platform to take advantage of the vulnerability of immigrants. We reserve the right to remove such postings completely or in part.)
- not post specific school / university names.
- not post eMail addresses or telephone numbers.
MurthyDotCom - MurthyBulletin - MurthyChat - and the MurthyForum : Your ultimate U.S. immigration resources on the Internet all start with MURTHY!