Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About bshek

  • Rank
  1. Hi, I had a question related to taxes. I was on OPT until Feb 10, 2011. After which I had a status change to H-1B (from Feb 10, 2011). I got a H-1B visa stamp on my passport on Nov 22, 2011. I entered the US on a F-1 visa in Dec 2007 and I was a resident of India at that time. Can I use the tax benefit of the Standard Deduction on Line 11 of the Form 1040NR-EZ to reduce my taxable income? What about Personal Exemption? Do I still need to fill out form 8843? To sum up, my 2011 visa status: F-1 visa (OPT): Jan -Feb 10 H-1B status change- Feb 10 onwards H1-B visa stamp - Nov 22, 2011 Thanks in advance for your help.