Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About visapp

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi, I am a US citizen and planning to apply for green card for my parents who are currently visiting us here in California. They will be leaving to India in a month. - I am hoping that I can submit both I130 and I485 applications together since they are in US currently. Is this possible? - Can they leave to India after we submit the forms Or Do they have to wait for acknowledgement or approval for either one or both the forms before their travel - Do we have to apply for any travel document that's needed for their return to India - If I130 and I485 are approved after they go back to India, what will be their legal status to visit US next time. Not sure if there will be any issues at the port of entry. Please let me know. Thank you.
  2. Hi, Here's the online status for my N400 application. "On May 15, 2017, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC******. We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. " I still haven't received any notification with interview schedule yet, though it's been about a month since the below update. Is this normal? or have I missed my notification from USCIS though my address hasn't changed at all? If I missed, how do I reschedule. Please let me know. Thanks. --------- Details: Service Center: NBC Application received: 1/3/2017 Bio-metrics done: 1/31/17 @ USCIS Oakland, California Current immigration Status: GC through employment
  3. I have got my green card through my employment back in 2012 April. I stayed in US until 2015 Nov with just two trips out of US(to India) that lasted 5 weeks each. So, I completed the physical presence requirement of 30 months. Now, due to family and business reasons, I plan to stay in India (along with my two kids who are US citizens) for next one year or until I am close to the 90 days mark before I am eligible to apply for naturalization. 1. In order to be eligible for naturalization, Would it be ok to stay out of US for next one year if I return to US for every 5 to 5 1/2 months and stay for a week or two weeks in US and then return to India and stay in India for next 5 months or so until the 90 day mark like I said above. 2. Also, We own a home in US which we plan to rent for next couple of years or until we return to US permanently. Hope renting our home doesn't interrupt my continuous residence requirement. 3. Is there anything else that I need to do to satisfy my continuous residence requirement like filing US taxes, maintaining driver's license etc. 4. While in India, our kids will be going to schools in India. Hope it wouldn't be a problem for my citizenship application or eligibility. Please let me know. Thanks.
  4. My 485 was approved on 22nd March(got an email with post decision activity) and I got the 485 approval notice in mail a week later. However, I have not received my physical "green card " yet. 1. As my 485 is already approved, can I go to India and have my husband bring my card with him when he comes to India so that I can return with 'permanent resident' status. Is this OK? 2. If above is not possible, what are my options if I have to go to India before I receive the card and return in a month or two? 2. Currently, am I still on H1 visa or am I already a 'permanent resident'? Please advise. Thanks, Visapp
  5. the only concern is with the corresponding delay if they ever ask for medicals. many folks I know who had applied during the same time and who had similar applications like mine got their green cards in October and November 2011. after very many follow ups in the past four months, uscis said my biometrics were expired and sent another appointment for retaking. same way, I was hoping not but I thought they might ask for medicals saying that they were expired. I wonder why they treat similar applications differently. it's painfully pathetic..
  6. Will the USCIS again ask for my latest medical records in order to approve my GC? I filed my 485 during 2007 fiasco and submitted my medical records and biometrics at that time. After that, I was asked for biometrics twice but was never asked for medical records. 2 weeks back, USCIS again sent a notice asking for my biometrics. Likewise, I was wondering if they would ask for my medical records. Please share your thoughts/experiences. Thanks, Visapp P.S. My EB2 PD was in June 2007 and it became current in October 2011.
  7. My EB2 priority date was June 15 2007. I applied for 485 in July 2007. My application was transferred from California Service Center to Texas Service center in 2007 and gave biometrics twice already. My priority date became current in October 2011. USCIS notified me two weeks back that my biometrics were expired and sent me an appointment for March 6th for the new biometrics. Please let me know how long it will take to get the GC approval and get the card in mail after the biometrics? Also, kindly share your experiences if you are in the same boat. Thanks, Visapp
  8. My EB2 PD became current in October 2011. However, the online status still shows as 'Initial Review'. I inquired with customer service a month and half back but never received any response or acknowledgement for that inquiry. I am now trying to schedule an infopass appointment with the local USCIS office. While scheduling, I got the below message when I selected - need Service on a case that has already been filed and then Case Services follow-up appointment :- "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later." Please let me know what needs to be done. Thanks for your help.
  9. Sorry GCNE07. I just realized that though the EB2 cut off date for August and September visa bulletins was Apr 15th 2007, only the GCs with PDs prior to April 15th were eligible for approval from August. Considering this, your PD also became current in October visa bulletin only like mine. We both seem to be in the same boat :( Please update in case you see any changes in your application status.
  10. Thanks Ravi. I see that your PD was current as per July 2011 bulletin. Any reason why it took this long for you to get GC? Not sure if it takes 2 to 3 months for card issuance after the PD becomes current. I heard that we should receive updates on the GC approval within 15 to 20 days after the PD has become current. Isn't that true?
  11. GCNE07, your PD has become current long back. Have you contacted your attorney or USCIS regarding the delay? Unless there is a query, I believe you should've got your GC by now! By the way, are you the primary applicant? amigo rk, as I am aware, your priority date needs to to be current until you get your GC even after filing 485.
  12. Ravi, When was your priority date and when did it become current? Was it an EB2 or EB3 application? I am waiting for an update on my 485 as it has become current in October 2011 bulletin. Please let me know. Thanks.
  13. I filed my GC under Employment based category. My EB2 Priority Date is 15th Jun 2007. It has become current as per October 2011 visa bulletin. However, I still see that the status of my 485 has not changed from 'Initial review'. Has anyone who's in the same boat got any approvals/updates related to your 485/GC processing? Please advise. Thank you.