Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MVG

Members
  • Content count

    16
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About MVG

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Ok, thanks. I am not sure about immigration, but as per CBP website - there isn't a preclearance facility in Dubai. So I guess immigration will be in US.
  2. Hello, I traveling back to USA via Dubai in Emirates airline. I have 5 months left on my H1B visa stamp. Is it ok to travel via Dubai with only 5 months left on H1B stamp? Will I have any issue at Dubai airport while boarding flight to USA?
  3. MVG

    H1B Dropbox called for interview

    @garpra Do you mind sharing more information? How many years on H1B? 1st time stamping? Are you FTE or on EVC model? Just trying to see if this is more common for EVC model or even for FTE as well.
  4. Thanks Shekhar11# for replying. Appreciate your help.
  5. Friends, Please help me make a decision. I am on H1 for more than 9 years in the USA. I have an approved I-140. My wife is on H1 for more than 6 years in the USA. She has an approved I-140. Let's say, I move to H4 (EAD) and my wife stays on H1. My employer won't withdraw I-140. If my wife loses a job, can I go back to my H1 from H4 using my employer's I-140? Would it prevent me to go back to H1 from H4 because I have exhausted all 6 years? or do I have to start from scratch (i.e. stay out of country for 1 year and get new H1 through lottery)? Trying to figure out, what will be my option if my wife loses a job?
  6. Hello, I have PERM approved (in Nov-2014) from company A. Company B is acquiring company A next month (Feb-2015). Big unit/department of company A is being acquired by company B, and not the entire company A. I am part of the unit being acquired. Company B is being called successor-in-interest in this acquisition. I have three options to file for I-140: 1. Wait now and file for 140 AFTER acquisition date with company B 2. File for 140 with company A BEFORE acquisition date, in premium processing such that decision comes in before acquisition date. 3. File for 140 with company A BEFORE acquisition date, in regular processing (This option means, company A would be acquired by company B while my 140 is pending with company A). I am still preparing documents for 140, however I would like to know which is a better option and which options reduces the risk of overall GC application? Thank you experts for all the inputs.
  7. Please help make a decision. My 6 years of H1B ends in April 2013. I have 140 approved with current company X. If I transfer my H1B to company Y, I will get 3 years of H1B extension, upto August 2015. Once I transfer my H1B and join company Y, company X will withdraw/cancel my 140. Once I am with Company Y, say for example by January 2014 if they do not process my GC, can I transfer H1B to Company Z? Will I get H1B with Company Z until August 2015?
  8. Friends, Any idea ? Please share the information you have.
  9. MVG

    Processing times after I-140 RFE response

    Thanks, Sorry I have no idea. You may want to check uscis website for processing times for your service center.
  10. Experts please help. My 6 years of H1B ends in April 2013. I have 140 approved with current company X. I have a job offer from Company Y. If I transfer my H1B to company Y, and I will get 3 years of H1B extension, upto August 2015. Once I transfer my H1B and join company Y, company X will revoke/cancel my 140. 1. Once I am with Company Y, what are my options if Company Y does not file my GreenCard ? 2. Once I am with Company Y, say for example in January 2014, can I transfer my H1B to Company Z? Will I get H1B with Company Z until August 2015?
  11. MVG

    Processing times after I-140 RFE response

    Just an update: I140 got Approved today.
  12. Hi, It's been 60+ days since response to I-140 RFE is sent. When should I expect decision from USCIS ? What is the usual timeframe ? If you can, please post your 140 RFE dates on this thread. RFE received: 4/16/2012 RFE detail: Regarding ability to pay RFE responded: 5/9/2012 Response to RFE received by USCIS: 5/14/2012 Service Center: Texas Service Center and waiting for decision....
  13. Indspg, I have a question on H1B extention of 3 years based on I140. In order to get 3 years of extention, does I140 have to be 6 months old ? Is there any rule/law like that ? OR any recent I140 approval is also likely to get 3 years H1 extention ?
  14. I am in 5th year of H1B, My I-140 with current employer was approved in Jan 2012. I have the copy of I-140 approval notice. If I join new employer (Full time or Consulting), will my H1 transfer give me 3 years of H1 OR only upto end of 6th year? Is there any law that I must wait until I-140 is 6 months old in order to get 3 years H1 when I transfer H1 to new employer? I am not willing to change job if it does not give me 3 years of H1. If so, I will wait until I-140 is 6 months old. Thanks for all your help.
  15. Experts, Please help and share your thoughts.
×