Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About shandan

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. shandan

    H1B Amendment query

    Unfortunately the amendment is done, so you cannot move back to the old location, that would have to be another amendment. Yes, you would need to file for extension before Jan 2019, since that is the new end date.
  2. shandan

    OCI card for newborn

    Apply for an Entry (X) Visa. It is limited for the below types of visitors to the country: A foreigner who is of Indian origin. The above person’s spouse and kids or Indian citizen. The spouse and dependent kids of a foreigner visitor on a long term Visa like Employment visa /Business Visa.
  3. shandan

    Bankrupcy and Citizenship Application

    It might, please consult an immigration attorney.
  4. shandan

    Days spent outside of USA

    My personal opinion, its better to wait till Nov to apply so that the whole scenario of having to explain over 180 days of absence from Trip 1 is avoided.
  5. I would not hold my breath on OCI processing in time, there official processing times are 60-80 "Business Days", which for India excludes all weekends, all US public holidays and All Indian holidays!! Renunciation is a two weeks process from end to end (by mail).
  6. shandan

    Indian Passport Expiration after applying N400.

    You will NOT be able to travel without a VALID passport while on Green Card. Also N-400 processing these days are taking upwards of 6-8 months (depending on the field office), so do not count on getting the US passport before expiration of foreign passport. My advise to you would be get your foreign passport renewed (one last time), you'll be avoiding some hassle your situation might bring. Good Luck!
  7. shandan

    Renunciation with OCI or Visa

    Both US and Indian passports will be returned to you within 2 weeks and then the OCI process will continue and take its own Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet time.
  8. shandan

    GC Initiation - 2018

    1. No Issue 2. In general ~6 months, but nothing is set in stone, it really depends on the individual case 3. Chance is there to get I-140 approved before May 2019, sure!....... How likely? I wouldn't bet on it.
  9. shandan

    N400 interview scheduled

    You can always ask them to delay the oath ceremony for a date after you come back from India, a couple of my friends did that, they just informed the IO that they have a scheduled trip and there oath ceremony was scheduled after there date of return, actually one of them took oath past Monday after they got back from India, interview was back in December'17.
  10. I recently went through the interview, the IO did not ask for proof of employment, just inquired verbally about who do I work for and what do I do for them. They are mostly looking in to any potential updates to the N-400 since initial application during the interview. Good Luck with your interview.
  11. You can apply for CP, given you (still) have approved I-140 and a valid Job offer from the employer (who sponsored I-140). Otherwise you can use the old/original PD (given your I-140 was NOT revoked for fraud) with new I-140 and Job offer from new employer.
  12. They are asking Mother's maiden name, NOT the name on her passport. Just provide her maiden name (before marriage), you would be fine, I have not heard of an RFE to prove mother's maiden name.
  13. shandan

    i140 premium processing

    Premium processing only expedites the decision time line, will NOT have any effect on the outcome.
  14. shandan

    Got Current date as PD

    Not sure about the legality of what I am going to say next, <gut feel>I would go ahead and apply for 485 and take my chances.</gut feel> NOT a legal advice just my personal gut feel!!