Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ngodugu

Members
  • Content count

    27
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ngodugu

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Thank you for your reply. This is what we were worried about. I am just curious as to why this is a rule. If you are in the US married to an LPR but have the urge to pursue higher learning, it does not seem like there is an option provided my the USCIS. I am sure this happens often. It does not seem to leave any alternatives at all.
  2. Hi All, My husband is currently on H1-B that is set to expire in Aug of this year. His current employer has refused to extend his H1-B by filing for GC. I am a LPR( have been only for a Year). The only option for him to stay in the US is to apply for F1. He has always wanted to do a PhD so that seems like a good option for him. Before we knew about his predicament, we filed for I-130(earlier this year). Given that he plans to apply for F1, I am not sure whether having a pending I-130 in his name will adversely affect his chances of being approved when we file a change of status. At the same time, we have a place in the line(a long 2.5 year wait but still) that we want to think twice before withdrawing the I-130 application. Even if we withdraw, we are worried that it might still affect his F1 COS application adversely given that I am an LPR and the fact that we have filed a I-130 once. Should we withdraw the I-130? Is there anything we could do(supporting documents etc) to ensure the F1 COS is approved? Thanks in advance Neelima
  3. Hi All, My husband is currently on H1-B that is set to expire in Aug of this year. His current employer has refused to extend his H1-B by filing for GC. I am a LPR( have been only for a Year). The only option for him to stay in the US is to apply for F1. He has always wanted to do a PhD so that seems like a good option for him. Before we knew about his predicament, we filed for I-130(earlier this year). Given that he plans to apply for F1, I am not sure whether having a pending I-130 in his name will adversely affect his chances of being approved when we file a change of status. At the same time, we have a place in the line(a long 2.5 year wait but still) that we want to think twice before withdrawing the I-130 application. Even if we withdraw, we are worried that it might still affect his F1 COS application adversely given that I am an LPR and the fact that we have filed a I-130 once. Should we withdraw the I-130? Is there anything we could do(supporting documents etc) to ensure the F1 COS is approved? Thanks in advance Neelima
  4. Mine is sort of a special case. I filed for I-485 in August 2007 rush on EB3. I ported to EB2 early last year and my PD became current in Oct, 2011. I received my approval Dec 27, 2011 Hope that helps.
  5. Hi All, The good news is that I received my Green Card already but yesterday I got a status update saying that they have mailed my cards again. Not sure what to make of it. Anybody have the same experience? -Neelima
  6. ngodugu

    EB Category Change

    Reposting with corrections Hi I never received any sort of confirmation in response to my interfiling letter. From what I have read, if the PD on the new I-140 has the same A# and PD as the I-485 that should be enough. I got my approval and the GC recently. Approval email on 12/27/11 and the card in mail couple of days ago. Good luck to you -Neelima
  7. ngodugu

    EB Category Change

    Hi I never received any sort of confirmation in response to my interfiling letter. From what I have read, if the PDF on the new I-485 has the same A# and PD as the I-485 that should be enough. I got my approval and the GC recently. Approval email on 12/27/11 and the card in mail couple of days ago. Good luck to you -Neelima
  8. ngodugu

    October Bulletin: Lets track EB Approvals

    I called the National Number and talked to a CSR. Tell them your application is out of processing time. You can look up the number on USCIS web site.
  9. ngodugu

    Green card approved and Employer change

    Thank you! That helps.
  10. Hi All, My I-485 got approved a week ago. The I-485 was filed by my current employer on EB3 but I filed another I-140 with EB2 category through another company. The I-485 got approved under EB2 Now to do things right, I do want to work for the new employer who filed my EB2. Couple of questions Is it necessary that I definitely work for the new employer for a period of time? Do I need to do this right away? Can I wait for a few months or may be more after I get my Green card before I start working for the EB2 employer Experts and attorneys- Please advice. Thank you Neelima
  11. I interfiled way before my PD became current and my PD became current in Oct 2011. Got the email that my I-485 was approved on Dec 27th. Hope that helps
  12. Wonderful information. My fiance went through this dec 2011 and it took him less 3 weeks after he submitted the documents
  13. ngodugu

    October Bulletin: Lets track EB Approvals

    Hi All, Mine was EB3 to EB2 (June 1st , 2007, EB2) upgrade and I finally got the email that cards have been ordered. Good day over all. In October(mid) I created an SR and about two weeks ago also asked my local congressman to look into it. Hope that information helps! It has been a long journey. I came to US in 98 and thought I'd be citizen by now but I am glad I got my Green card. -Neelima
  14. ngodugu

    221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

    Thanks for the information vpanala. We will try that approach if my fiance's visa stamping gets delayed more than a month.
×