Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About redgreenbluee

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  1. please consult a lawyer. After marriage, you have to petition (i-130) your husband. as a GC holder, the current processing time is approx 2 years.
  2. redgreenbluee

    H1b petition expiry, visa expiry, I94 dates do not match

    please consult a lawyer. these are the dates you need to consider: - the H1 visa attached in your passport is your document to enter the US, if your visa is expired (1/14/2015), you cannot enter the US with it and you need to renew it first. - the I-797 H1 approval is your document that proves your eligibility to work for your petitioner (and stay in the US), so as long as you are already in the US before 1/14/2015, you are legally allowed to work and stay until 8/30/2015. - the I-94 dates coincides with your H1 approval validity (8/30/2015), it means you are allowed to stay in the US until the date specified unless you applied some kind of extension. if I-94 date is earlier than your H1 validity, you will need to leave the country (on or before I-94 expiration) and return to get a new I-94. - you should renew your H1 before expiration (in your case 8/30/2015).
  3. redgreenbluee

    Perm Labor

    please consult a lawyer. approved perm LC is valid for 180 days. apply I-140 within 180 days (before LC expiration).
  4. please consult a lawyer. apply for I-131 re-entry permit.
  5. please consult a lawyer. it should not be an issue, as long as you have sufficient documentations to prove her different names.
  6. please consult a lawyer. assuming you have a valid H1, your H1 remains valid if you apply for I-485, so your wife remains eligible for H4. you invalidate your H1 if you use EAD as work authorization or your H1 expires.
  7. please consult a lawyer. no, if you apply change of status from L1 to H1 and got your approval, you are no longer on L1 and not eligible to work for company A. you will need to work for company XYZ under H1. you continue to be on L1 while H1 application is pending.
  8. please consult a lawyer. an individual needs an approved I-140 (or pending LC for at least 365 days) to file H1 extension beyond 6 years. in your case, you can do it, but in your spouse's case, spouse cannot do it. your spouse will be a dependent in your GC application.
  9. redgreenbluee

    Question on USA citizenship eligibility

    please consult a lawyer. you can apply 90 days (or less) earlier than your 5 year GC anniversary if you satisfy all the other criteria. consult M476 http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/article/M-476.pdf for eligibility. in general, it is not your fault your GC employer (company B) did not have a project for you, you need to be honest on your application. M476 guide and/or a quick immigration lawyer consultation like murthy should help you understand the process better.
  10. please consult a lawyer. legally, if a GC holder is outside the country for more than a year without re-entry permit, his/her GC is considered abandoned. you will need to consult a lawyer regarding your father's situation. the alternative you can do is accept that his GC is abandoned and just re-apply for his GC, either through you (as a children), or through your mother (as a spouse) of a US citizen.
  11. redgreenbluee

    Married to a US citizen

    please consult a lawyer. you will need to apply as soon as possible, there is no guarantee on processing time, some EAD/AP application gets approved within 90 days, some goes beyond. best way is to apply as early as possible in your case.
  12. please consult a lawyer. there are some fees that the employer cannot ask the employee (or beneficiary) to pay like LC process, but for others, it is based on what both parties had agreed upon, if you sign such agreement, employer may forced you to pay the amount. it is best to consult a law firm such as murthy.
  13. redgreenbluee

    Am i Eligible for Citizenship

    please consult a lawyer. if you are out for more than 180 days in the past 5 years, you did not satisfy the continuous residence requirement (some exception applies like N-470).
  14. please consult a lawyer. yes, it is possible to have multiple GC applications. if you have a pending LC for at least 365 days, you are eligible for H1 extension beyond the initial 6 years.
  15. please consult a lawyer. yes, the alternate document is to get an affidavit letter from at least two of your co-workers as a substitute.