Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About kaustav.sengupta78

  • Rank
  1. kaustav.sengupta78

    New Rule and Supplement J

  2. kaustav.sengupta78

    New Rule and Supplement J

    I have an approved I-140 from 2012 as well as pending I-1485 from 2012. If I change job after Jan 17th 2017 using my EAD and invoking AC21 portability, do Supplement J applies to me? If Supplement J does apply to me, then based on new rule, do I need to proactively file Supplement J or I can wait until a RFE raised.
  3. Based on new rule change from Jan 17th 2017, EAD will automatically get extended for 180 days if the renewal is filed before expiry date. The question I have is there is some confusion on 180 days vs 240 days which one is correct? Also My current EAD expires on March 5th 2017 after the rule getting live. But I have already filed for my extension on Nov 8th 2016. Do I also receive the same benefit of automatic extension on EAD?
  4. kaustav.sengupta78

    I-140 denied because RFE response send to wrong Service Center

    Anyone has been on the same boat? Any advice/info is highly needed.
  5. Hi, I came to USA in July 2006. My GC was filed with my current employer in EB2 with PD 26 October 2009. I-140 was filed on June 17 2010. My H1B got extended to October 16 2013 based on my labor approved & I-140 pending & also summing up the days outside USA. 30th March 2011 TSC raised RFE asking to produce documents to show my employer can support my wages & also to transcripts for my Masters. My company lawyer send response to my RFE but by mistake send it to NSC instead of TSC. NSC never returned the documents & suddenly today TSC has send an I-140 denial notice stating we didn't respond within 33 days. After receiving this denial notice my company's lawyer realized that he by mistake send the response to NSC instead of TSC. The lawyer also called up INS & spoke to field office & it seems the officer said though we have the rights to appeal with MTR, chances are minimum for the appeal to be granted. The lawyer is saying to file a new PERM now. I'm totally perplexed due to his stupidity & don't know what to do. What are the options for me now other than filing a new PERM? Also: 1) Can we appeal with MTR for the denial I-140 & also start new PERM? 2) Can we appeal with MTR for the denial I-140 & also file a new I-140 for the same labor & do premium processing this time? 3) If possible to file new I-140 for the same labor in premium processing, what will happen if my new I-140 is approved/rejected while my MTR appeal is pending for the denial I-140? Any information/suggestion wiill be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.