Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About raj26091972

  • Rank
  1. Background: in 2006 I was issued summons to appear in District Court regarding a larceny charge and shoplifting charge, The charges were dismissed upon my paying $100 in court cost and $200 in civil relief to the store. In summary I was neither arrested nor convicted of any offence and all the charges were dismissed. In 2007, On my I-485, this above incident was mentioned with yes to the question “have you ever been arrested , cited, charged, indicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking law and all the proof were provided and Green Card was issued without any issues. Questions now that I need your advise. Q1. on Form N-400 part 12 , questions 22 to 28 which questions should I be marking yes to reflect the charges that were dismissed in 2006 ? Q2 . should I be saying yes to only the following questions and mark No to the other questions like 22, 25 , 26, 27 , 28. 23. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason ? 24. Have you ever been charged with committing, attempting to commit, or assisting in committing a crime or offence ? Q3. What information I need fill in section 29 where I need to provide details if I said yes to any from 22 to 28. Q4 do I need to send the same proof that I had provided when i-485 was filled along with n-400 application as well ? Q5. Will this pose any issues to obtain citizenship ? there are no other office since than except this. Q 6 Do I need a lawyer to file n-400 and represent me ? or can I file this application on my own keeping in mind the charges that were dismissed ?
  2. Background: working for the same company who sponsored GC, GC sponsoring company was acquired after I got the GC …..some years ago….. new company still continues to provide w2 and pay stubs with old company name …after 4 years of acquiring my original company Q1. on Form N-400 part 8, where I need to provide where I am been working for the last 5 years should I write new company name or I can just write old company name as the w2 and pay stubs still says old name ? or do I need to write the new name ? please suggest what is the best way to fill up this section in my situation.