Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ADP

  • Rank
  1. Hi Noah, please don’t assume this is fraudulent. It was very common to not name a child at birth given high rates of newborn mortality for centuries —children were formally named in a ceremony at ten days old. However once births started being registered in the last century this was of course done right at birth. Sometimes parents went back and updated the name afterwards but often they didn’t, hence the discrepancy. Nowadays custom and formality have aligned better and parents know to put the name on the certificate at birth though they still wait for ten days to do the formal religious ceremony. This is the case with my certificate: my mom is definitely my mom, there’s no fraud but there’s no name on it. I’ve been asked to provide additional evidence to prove the parent-child relationship. I’m surprised he wasn’t asked for that.
  2. Hello I am a naturalized US citizen and sponsored my widowed mother for a green card in sept 2018 after consulting with your attorneys twice. At her green card interview in Baltimore it was pointed out there was an issue with my birth certificate which did not have my name on it (quite common in India at the time). I did submit in addition my canceled Indian passport which lists both my parents, but this isn’t enough. To prove the parent child relationship, Including before I turned 18, we’ve been asked to submit —Early school, religious, medical, government or other records (what we have either does not list parents’ names or does not list the mother’s name, only the father. So this doesn’t help) —Early photographs (we have a few of me with my mother at a young age which we could send) —two or more affidavits that can attest to the mother-child relationship from the time of birth We can do the affidavits, would you have sample language that we could use? Assume they have to be notarized? I have a choice of relatives currently in India or those currently in the US who can provide these— is one vs the other location better for this purpose? Finally we can provide some other pieces of proof showing the mother-child relationship, for example my wedding invitation, but I was over age 18. Is this still worth sending in to bolster the case? thanks for any advice Anu