Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About expatify

  • Rank
  1. I was working on an H-1B visa, and I had to leave the US because of personal emergencies. My work permit expired a few months since. I am waiting for my US employer (Let's call them 'A') to file a green card application since my 6 years on H-1B is almost fully used. I am continuing to work remotely from India. I was asked by company 'A' to submit a w-4 form, so that they can pay me directly, crediting my US bank account. (This was because they needed some recent payslips to start the green card processing.) I asked them about the w8-ben form since it seemed like the correct one for a non-us resident. (I am not a tax resident in the US in 2019) But they insisted they need a w-4 and maybe I can use a friend's US address, and I complied. I have two questions 1) Immigration: Will this cause any issues during GC processing ,the next H-1B extension and visa stamping? If so, what preparations can I make to answer any potential questions from immigration. 2) Taxes: Since this forum is immigration focused I am assuming tax questions would not be answered here - it would be helpful if any of you familiar with such cases can provide any pointers where I can get help on the tax and refund topics.