Need an urgent help & fair advise.
I suspiciously charged for shoplifting by TARGET. Police fingerprinted me. I appear for court date and Judge told me no need to plead guilty. I didn’t get a conditional dismissal. I would have but Jersey City court has their own internal first offender program, so we were able to use that instead. Which is why my term was 6 months instead of a year. And which is why you didn’t have to put a factual basis plea on the record. So, the case was straight dismissed. Which is why my attorney can now file for an expungement right away rather than waiting for 6 months (as you would on a conditional dismissal).
I got disposition from court which says (i.e. PLEA : 9-No Bill -'no bill' : No Evidence)
I paid a court fee of 75$.
ALSO, MY ATTORNEY IS SAYING THERE IS NO A CONVICTION FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSE.
Does above statement is CORRECT?
I have certain queries as follows:
1) Is it a good approach of going for direct dismissal of case if someone is on H1b visa ?
2) What should I need to tell immigration officer about CASE when I go for stamping ?
3) What are my chances of obtaining green card after this case result ?
4) What documents I need to obtained from court &/or immigration attorney for visa extension, visa stamping & green card?
5) Expungement: Is there any issue if I expunge the fingerprint record?
6) Does conditional dismissal of CASE is good for H1B Visa Stamping , extension?