My company had filed for my Change of Status application to H1 from F1 - OPT - EAD.
My application got selected in the lottery and also has been approved. (waiting for physical confirmation mail)
I have plans to go back and work in India. However, I would like to keep my options open for a potential H1 transfer later on.
I would like to know what is the best time for me to go back to India.
Is it safe to go back to India around October 21st?
If I go back and work in India, since I would be "cap - exempt", I am assuming I would not have to go through the process of H1 lottery again. Am I right?
In case, in the future I would like to come back to the US, will just an H1 transfer suffice? Would the employers be willing to readily do it? What other documents would I need during that time?