Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About abhizen0

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I came to US in Feb 2013 on H1B and my I140 was approved in Sept 2015. My H1 extension was filled in May 2018 (last I797/I94 was valid till July 2018) and am hitting my 240 day next week.. H1 extension was upgraded to Premium but I got RFE and will be responding to RFE in next week. In case I do not get decision by end of my 240 day next week, I plan to go on Loss Of Pay and continue to stay in US till decision is received. In case my extension is denied, can I change the Employer and can new Employer file for transfer of my H1B in premium based on my approved I140?
  2. abhizen0

    240 day rule for H4

    Thanks for providing update. If I leave US and let H4 stay back, it considered as "Parking of dependents" which is illegal.
  3. abhizen0

    240 day rule for H4

    My H1B extension (against I140) was applied in May 2018 and I will be reaching 240 day limit on 23 Mar and cannot stay in US and be working after 3/23. H1 extension was upgraded to premium on 2/23 but I got a RFE that I need to respond by 5/23. My son is on H4 dependent and in his final semester of 12th. In case he moves out of US, he will be unable to complete his High School and will not be eligible for College admission even though he got acceptance from most of major undergrad colleges. My query is can H4 dependent continue to stay in US after 240 days pending decision from USCIS ? Will there be any issue if I move out of US on 3/22 and they continue in US, respond to RFE by 5/20 so that my son can complete his High School. In case my H1 is rejected, they will also move out of US in 2-3 days and my son can get into college on F1 visa. Will highly appreciate if I can get some right insight on how to navigate through the situation since I just have 7 days to act....