Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Siva18

  • Rank
  1. No she wasn't working. Thanks for your responses! So do you recommend applying for ITIN if the process for resolution takes longer? or Can I go ahead and file the taxes with her SSN?
  2. Hello, My wife received her SSN when she was on L-2 and had been using for quite long time. So I mainly use for Tax filing purpose & Applying for DL. Now currently she's in H-4 . When her passport expired, I renewed it with her name changed after marriage. got her passport renewed with the new name and even Visa stamped on it. To change her name in DL, I wanted to change her name in SSN as well. When I went to the local SSA office with the name change application & proof etc., the SSN officer says she can't have the SSN as her visa status does not apply and took back her card. We got a letter for denial of SSN which he said can be used for Driver's License. I couldn't find any post on the internet related to this incident. I heard SSN is for Life. Now I 'm going to apply for ITIN this year. My question here is Is that normal or procedure to take back the card when we came for name change ? Can I get it back and what are my options?