Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About sksbackup05

  • Rank
  1. I have a similar problem. I think you can give a sworn affidavit that the names are the alias of the same person, similar to preferred name and given name in US. Give some type of proof
  2. I am a US citizen and have filed concurrent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 for my father who is a widower, my mother passed away in 2016. My father was visiting us in 2019 and I filed it in 10/2019 when he was here. We got his EAD and AP approved in February 2020. Now we got an RFE asking for the marriage certificate of his with my mother My parents do not have a marriage certificate as it was not registered at that time. I do have 2 affidavits from my relatives who attended the marriage that it did take place on the day and place . I also have my mother's passport and Aadhar card where her spouse name is mentioned and shows my father. I have my mothers death certificate too. I had already submitted the affidavits and death certificate with the original application but they may have not looked at it when they issued the RFE. Now I am planning to resend the affidavits and the death certificate and also another affidavit with the passport and aadhar. Did anybody have this problem and how was it resolved. Thanks in advance.
  3. My father does not have birth certificate but he has the SSLC marks card with the date of birth specified. Is this enough ? He has a self affidavit notarized specifying that his date of birth is as specified in the SSLC marks card. As per this link, SSLC marks card is a valid document if birth certificate, can someone please confirm https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html " In cases in which a birth certificate from authorities is unavailable or contains insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, the following documents could be accepted as secondary evidence in lieu of the birth certificate: School-leaving certificate, Matriculation certificate or Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant; or, a baptismal certificate from a church.
  4. sksbackup05

    Marriage Certificate RFE for widower

    I am planning to apply for GC for my father, and he is a widower too , mother passed away 3 years back , and they do not have a marriage certificate. We do have my mothers death certificate that lists the husband's name. What kind of affidavit do we need for this ? Or is it ok to just send the death certificate ? My mother's passport does mention her husband's name but is that enough ?