I am hoping to get some advice here. Thanks in advance.
Below is my snap shot of my immigration status.
- EAD status, EB2 – I 485 applied in 2011 and waiting for visa bulletin to become current.
- Priority date = Dec 2009
My EAD expires in March 27th 2021 and AP expires in June 2021.
- I would like to apply for combo card this time, and based on my understanding, I can apply EAD/AP combo card 6 months prior i.e. Dec 2020, since AP expires in June 2021.
- If I apply in Dec 2020, then possibly receive approval in April-May 2021 time frame. USCIS shows processing times ~5 months for EAD applications.
1. Do you recommend to apply combo card in Dec 2020 (or) do I split the application into AP and EAD? If I split, I can apply EAD right away.
2. It appears, USCIS is automatically extending expiring EADs for up to 180 days for applicants - C (9) category. I would like to confirm this category will be applied in my case and even my case is not approved till EAD expiration date, I can still work.