Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

amruthaa

Members
  • Content count

    28
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by amruthaa

  1. amruthaa

    H1 and H4 Extension Mexico

    I dont know the answer to you question about H1 & H4 extension stamping but can you apply for COS from H4 to F1 for your son without going for stamping? I would not risk stamping unless it is absolutely necessary and take the less riskier route of COS.
  2. amruthaa

    221g Ottawa

    Hello, Received 221g blue slip at Ottawa consulate on Dec 20th and currently still waiting for the Administrative Processing to be completed. Saw similar posts in past where there were multiple people going through this wait so wondering if there is anyone else in the same boat currently. I was asked to submit CV, Educational Transcripts and List of Publications I am associated with(I have a PhD in Materials Science — which may be one of the reasons to get 221g because my education is in TAL field). I am an FTE working with same employer since past 7 years with approved I140. This wait is literally killing everyone as my family including my 2.5 year old son is back in US. Praying this resolves as soon as possible. Did anyone go through this and eventually got denied? Please share experiences, thanks! I would not wish this to happen to my worst enemy.
  3. oh ok, was your stamping in Ottawa or Toronto?
  4. The only reason I decided to come to Canada was the false sense of security that 221g will be resolved faster, I came to this conclusion based on posts/experiences on various forums. It seems that is not true anymore, lesson learnt.
  5. This is pure torture, I am advocating against going for stamping unless someone's life depends on it. Might be a drastic reaction but this situation sucks.
  6. Yes sent a follow up email to consulate on Friday and did not get any reply yet(except the auto bot reply). Hopping Airbnb's in Ottawa for now, this is week 8 so really awaiting for some kind of response. Are you still in Ottawa?
  7. Today is 48th day since interview and 50 days since leaving to Canada, getting really depressed and worried if the wait will ever end.
  8. Primary applicant holding H1B is currently undergoing 221g Administrative Processing, Attorney mentioned H4 can continue staying in US and work (with valid EAD) as long as the H1B is undergoing Administrative Processing. Worst case scenario, we are planning to have the H4 holders employer file COS to H1B (not subjected to cap as she already held H1B previously) if H1B gets eventually denied. Can the H4 holder stay in US while COS is in progress? And most importantly is there a grace period they can continue working on EAD before H1B is approved?
  9. amruthaa

    Working from India after H4 EAD expired

    I am pretty sure you traveling out of US while extension is pending effectively abandoned your H4 petition. I am surprised your “HR department” did not run this strategy by their immigration attorneys first, they would have known if they did. Is your employer a body shop? Your best bet is to get H4 visa stamped at a consulate based on your husband’s approved H1B and come back to US. Your H4 EAD “may” get eventually approved if you alert USCIS about your H4 stamping once you are in US but it may just get denied due to you traveling out of country.
  10. Do you have a multiple entry canadian visa? If so I dont see any reason why you cannot exit the country and come back to get visa stamped once administrative processing is completed. That being said, do you have a valid visa to the country you intend to visit with your friends? You cannot send passport via mail from outside country AFAIK, you can mail it from designated courier servicers in Canada but not from outside country as that is illegal.
  11. amruthaa

    Form 221 (g) - blue slip

    Which consulate?
  12. amruthaa

    corrupt VFS worker and fingerprint change

    wtf did i just read? this sounds fishy on so many levels
  13. It is really frustrating, especially when family is involved. Hope your case also resolves soon, did they keep your passport or return it? I know one guy who got yellow slip on Jan 7th got request for passport submission on Jan 28th...exactly in 3 weeks, so hang in there.
  14. amruthaa

    221g Ottawa

    Nope
  15. amruthaa

    H4/EAD validity when H1B is undergoing 221g

    Yeah I do realize there is no grace period, thanks
  16. amruthaa

    H4/EAD validity when H1B is undergoing 221g

    Thank you for the response, I am actually confused how H-4 can continue working while COS is pending if the primary H1B visa is denied. Doesnt the H1 denial automatically make H4 & EAD status invalid? I am sure working on EAD while COS is pending is legal "if" primary H1B holder has valid visa/status but if it is denied what are the options?
  17. This is my husband's case, he is still in Ottawa after receiving blue slip 221g on Dec 20th.
  18. amruthaa

    H1B Stamping Refusal on Medical Grounds

    Sorry to hear about your ordeal, can you tell which consulate this interview happened? I see they mentioned you can apply for a waiver for grounds of ineligibility, are you trying to pursue that? It probably is not a bad idea to hire an immigration attorney in this case as they deal with such things regularly and know how to get things done.
  19. amruthaa

    221g Ottawa

    Gives me much needed reassurance that there were no denials reported on this forum due to TAL field, I have been reading the same on various other blogs/pages as well, thanks for your reply.
  20. amruthaa

    221g Ottawa

    Definitely nothing to do with employer, like I said I have been with this employer since more than 7 years as FTE in manufacturing industry. Thanks for your reply.
  21. amruthaa

    221g Ottawa

    Thank you, I hope it will resolve soon as well. I have been reading on other forums too and it seems blue slips take between 14-21 business days to resolve but these stats are from 2019 and hopefully still the same. Today is the 17th business day.
  22. amruthaa

    7th year H1B with new job title

    Thank you Pontevecchio
  23. Hello All, I have the following query about post 6th year H1B filings and would appreciate if anyone can answer, I have already scheduled for attorney consultation but wanted to see if anyone has faced this situation and have answers. I have worked on H1B for 5-1/2 years and have an approved I140 in EB2 category (priority date of Sept 2017) with employerA. I have about 4-5 months of H1B left on my 6 year max out. I am currently working on H4 EAD with employerB fulltime(this is direct employment with client). Due to latest H4-EAD news, I want to start the process to apply COS to H1B (current employer is willing to sponsor). Now, I am aware that an employer can request a 3 year extension based on approved I140 but I am wondering if employerB can use the I140 from employerA. If yes, does the job description and/or title need to match my PERM/I140 to be eligible for post 6th year extension? My GC perm with EmployerA was for a Database Administrator position and my current title with EmployerB is Software Infrastructure Analyst. Will I face issues with my H1B extension beyond 6 years due to job titles being different? Thanks in advance.
×