I applied for my H1 extension via premium processing in February (my H1 validity was till March). I got a RFE for Speciality Occupation and the response was filed last Wednesday.
So far, there has been no update and while I am hoping for the best, I am also preparing for the worst.
If my H1 extension is denied,
Can I file for a Motion to Reconsider? If I do that, can I still be in the US and continue in my job till a decision is made?
Also can my employer file for both a Motion to Reconsider and file for a new H1 concurrently?
I realize I may have to leave US in the event of a denial, but I am trying to get a better understanding of all the options available.