Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Dblue

  • Rank
  1. It is a immigration attorney. He said that in a change of employer situation you can rely on the old visa stamp. But in my case we are requesting new grant of status, so we can't rely on the old stamp. Do you agree?
  2. I told him and he told me that since it is not a change of employer but a new H1B, visa stamping is required. I just want to find out if this is something has experienced before.
  3. Hello Seniors, I lost my job in 02/2018 so I filed I-539 to transfer to H4 on 03/30/2018 before my 60 day grace period ended and the application is still pending. Now I have found a job and my new employer wants to file my H1B. Talking to my attorney he suggests that I leave US and go for visa stamping because that will invalidate my pending H4 application and they will file my H1B as a consular notification that means that it will be a fresh H1B and not change of employer. My question is: 1. My visa from my past employer is valid until 04/2019. Do I need to go for visa stamping or can I come back to USA with my previous stamp and new I-797? 2. Do I have to go to India or can I go to any other country? Is there any other option available to me? Please let me know soon as I have to make my travel arrangements. Thank you,