I am International Medical graduate in USA, I will be starting a fellowship on july 2018(for one year). I am currently on H4 EAD expires on Aug2018, i have applied for extension( 8 working days back) and waiting for approval. Fellowship program can sponsor J 1 visa if i need. My questions are
1. Should i start J 1 process as it takes at least 3 months to process. ( Program asking me to take call and will do when ever i ask them ) ?
2. Can i start J 1 file and does it affect me in any sense for EAD extension?
3. Once J 1 get approved is it my choice to use it or not ?
4. will there be a grace period or alternative to wait for EAD extension after current status expires( Aug2018) based on this H4 EAD visa and continue training ?
5. Can i start paperwork from India eg. SoN( statement of need) from Ministry of Health, New Delhi India without starting a application here ? ( or does Ministry of Health need any reference file number to issue SoN ?) to save the whole processing time.
Please add any other points i should consider if i am not aware of.
Thanks in advance!