Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

User3456

Members
  • Content count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About User3456

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thanks for your reply. I have tried to get in touch with many lawyers but none give similar answer. Some said it’s too late to do anything, I should just wait it out. Others said flying out is the best option than waiting further in the country. My DSO is saying to withdraw before flying out. I don’t know which lawyer to trust.
  2. Hello, my L-2 expired in Jan 2018 (turned 21). my i539 was received in Aug 2017. I have no decision or RFEs from USCIS yet. If I withdraw my application, will I have accrued unlawful presence and triggered inadmissibility bar? I want to withdraw in Aug 2018 because I am flying out on the 5th Aug to get F1 from home country (UK).
  3. Hello, my L-2 expired in Jan 2018 (turned 21). my i539 was received in Aug 2017. I have no decision or RFEs from USCIS yet. If I withdraw my application, will I have accrued unlawful presence and triggered inadmissibility bar? I want to withdraw in Aug 2018 because I am flying out on the 5th Aug to get F1 from home country (UK).
  4. User3456

    need help regarding h4 to F1 COS

    Hello, my situation is an L2 child (turned 21 in Jan 2018), case recvd Aug 2017. I’m still waiting for my decision, but I’m flying out in AUG 2018 for consular stamping and decided to withdraw i539 from that day. please could you share, if you have received any case updates. It would be really helpful. i have not consulted any attorney yet but please advise if you think attorney consultation would be useful before I fly out.
  5. Hello, my situation is an L2 child (turned 21 in Jan 2018), case recvd Aug 2017. I’m still waiting for my decision, but I’m flying out in AUG 2018 for consular stamping and decided to withdraw i539 from that day. please could you share, if you have received any case updates. It would be really helpful. i have not consulted any attorney yet but please advise if you think attorney consultation would be useful before I fly out.
  6. Update to my post: my i-94 is admit until date Nov 2018. However, I am still unsure of how that affects my situation if I have turned 21. I want to apply for f1 visa from embassy, but I’m worried if I’ll be subject to any unlawful presence because of turning 21 and it will be used to deny my visa.
  7. What is "my Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It"? - Is this update a step forward in my application? - How long approx. till any decision by USCIS from this update?
  8. I filed COS to F1 5 months before my L2 age out (turned 21 seven months ago), but still have no decision or RFE from USCIS. 1. Am I accruing unlawful presence? 2. If I leave US before final decision from USCIS, will any time spent after turning 21 be counted as unlawful presence? I appreciate all advice.
  9. I’m currently in US studying at rutgers for past two years, want to complete graduation here by May 2019. parents in US on temporary L visa brother on L-2 visa applied COS from L2 to F1, turned 21, no decision from USCIS yet due to processing times deciding to abandon i539 and go to uk (home country) for F1 stamping rutgers is reputed but still how to prove for intention to return? parents have home in uk, but they are in US have good grades and GPA as well
  10. Timeline of events: arrived in US on L-2, started undergraduate study at Rutgers in Fall 2016 semester COS applied, case received in Aug 2017 Turned 21 in Jan 2018 USCIS new COS to F-1 guidance released in Feb 2018: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/changing-nonimmigrant-f-or-m-student-status Murthy: https://www.murthy.com/2018/03/15/uscis-expands-new-policy-for-nonimmigrants-changing-status-to-f-1/ Update from university’s international advisor June 2018: if I’m 21, I should expect automatic denial based on new policy, other students in similar situation also have had denials. Requesting advice on my situation regarding: What are my chances of denial as I’m 21? If denial expectations are high, would it be advisable to still wait for decision from USCIS (even with chances of decision arrival in middle of fall 2018 studies)? Or should I leave the country in the summer before university session starts and get visa stamped outside? I'm not considering the option of B visa filing (with start date backdated to day of L-2 expiration) or any bridge the gap filing atm. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
  11. I am a student currently attending university on L2 status(Child dependent visa). According to my fathers petition, I have got i94 admit until date: November 2018. I turned 21 in January 2018, but my i539 change of status to F-1 was received in August 2017. According to new uscis guidance for changing status: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/changing-nonimmigrant-f-or-m-student-status My international advisor said I must keep filing an i539 to to bridge the gap until my case starts processing and I get new status and I must contact an attorney and document my situation to rectify it asap and remain in good standing Please advise on what I can do.
×