Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NotAnAttorney

Members
  • Content count

    743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

2 Followers

About NotAnAttorney

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

1,962 profile views
  1. NotAnAttorney

    Profile Flagged - NOIR not yet recieved

    Yes it's better to wait and watch. The trigger for action would be if any of your future petitions or past petitions get NOIR or RFE for this reason.
  2. NotAnAttorney

    Profile Flagged - NOIR not yet recieved

    The important and critical thing here is that you cannot defend NOIR, it's the Employer A who needs to defend. But your new employer can defend in case any of the petitions filed by Emp B gets RFE or NOIR for this reason. I would suggest to contact an immigration attorney at Murthy or other firm of your choice and devise a strategy.
  3. NotAnAttorney

    RFE Specialty occupation

    Your employer or the attorney should have these contacts.
  4. NotAnAttorney

    Will a new H1B application be subject to cap after i-140

    As you have used only 3 of 6 years quota, even without a 140, the employer could file for cap-exempt petition.
  5. NotAnAttorney

    Options when laid off during vacation abroad

    Irrespectively you could return without any issues as long as you have valid visa/i-94.
  6. NotAnAttorney

    I140 Approved, In india and moved to a new company

    Yes, new employer could file cap-exempt H1B, and you can get visa stamped once approved and move to US.
  7. It is very difficult in these situations, and pure luck. To talks facts, it is true that the employer doesn't control your work in the multi tier agreements. Try to eliminate at least one vendor. There are success stories for EVC model that I know.
  8. NotAnAttorney

    Changing employer while I-140 under process.

    Undoubtedly. Irrespective of actions of Employer C, you are good to go with a new employer and use the approved 140 from B, to get extensions until you get approved 140 thru D.
  9. NotAnAttorney

    H1B Cap Exempt with new Employer after visa expired

    any employer new or old could file a cap-exempt petition for you. Upon approval and successful stamping you could return to US and start working. As you have only used 2.4 of 6 years cap, you still got 3.6 years of cap quota.
  10. NotAnAttorney

    STATUS: NAME WAS UPDATED

    It means nothing except the indication that they are working on your case and a decision could be made soon.
  11. NotAnAttorney

    Change of End Client during Initial H1B process

    If it gets picked, it is more likely to get denied if they go for site visit on Client A. Stay there until the H1B is approved. even though if it gets approved there will be long term implications, like for some reason if they visit client A for some reason and understand that you were not working at the time of approval, they would revoke the approval. So, stay wherever you are.
  12. NotAnAttorney

    H1B Location Amendment + H1B Transfer

    1. No 2. They are two separate unrelated petitions and will have different receipt numbers. 3. Yes 4. No
  13. NotAnAttorney

    H1 B CAP Filling

    For sure Premium processing doesn't impact the decision on the petition, whether its approval or denial or issuing RFE. But I would suggest to go per your immigration team, unless otherwise you have any criticality for these 2 months.
  14. NotAnAttorney

    GC Processing

    It will not be reset like that. You could stay and work until your max out while your company works on PERM filing. Then travel to India and let the company file i-140 and as soon as that is approved the company will file for H1B extension and you can go for stamping and then travel to USA. I didn't get the point why you want to leave though you have 7 months still to max out.
  15. NotAnAttorney

    Multiple H1B transfer petitions

    Yes, new employer could file while you are waiting on the other for decision.
×