Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NVT

Members
  • Content count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About NVT

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Looking to get some consultation on below situation for my spouse Background My Visa Status H1-B (valid & stamped till 2020) with an I-140 approved Spouse Visa Status Current Visa H4 (valid & stamped till 2020) Pursuing Masters at US university. A petition filed with USCIS to Change the Status to F1 & is pending since June 2018 Queries Can we still apply H4 EAD (work authorization) for my Spouse until her F1 COS is approved? (Unless COS is approved I am assuming her H4 is still valid & she is on my I-140 Application) Due to delay in processing by USCIS, we were evaluating the option of going to Canada (She is a Canadian PR holder) & apply for F1 Visa directly at the consulate. I am aware that F1 is a Non-Immigration Intent Visa & I have my I-140 Approved (Immigration Intent) Are there any repercussions of doing this or we should just wait for COS result? we are looking to get a working status for her ASAP
  2. My wife is currently on H4 Visa which is valid till September 2020. We have filed an F1 change of status petition for her which was received by USCI S on June 29th, 2018. My question is 1. Can she travel to Canada by car and come back in a week without affecting her Change status of the petition? 2. While re-entering the US, can she still use her H4 visa & will the immigration office issue a new I-94?
  3. My H1-B is stamped till August 14th (I94 expiring in 1 week), and my current employer filed extension on June 1st. Yesterday I received RFE for this extension petition. Last week I got offer from another employer, could you please help me with below questions As extension petition is under RFE status, can future employer initiate visa transfer immediately or need to wait till extension is approved Who should respond to RFE, current employer or future employer After August 14th will I be out of status How much time is required before I join the new company
  4. My wife is currently on H4 and we are filing her H1 this year. She is planning to travel to India and will be back on April 15th, 2017. Question: As her H1 petition will be submitted on April 1st, would there be a problem for her to re-enter US on H4 when her H1 petition is still in progress?
×