Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

muneeb

Members
  • Content count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About muneeb

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. My employer has filed the H1B cap-exempt petition for Consular Processing. The attorney has asked me the US Consulate Location to mention in I-129 form. I did not know that all Consulates do not entertain H-1B Application. I gave him the nearest US Consulate Location. When I logged into the embassy interview scheduling Portal to check the wait time for H1B interview, I realized that the particular Consular Post does not entertain the H1B application, Luckily the petition was filed last week, and it has not been approved yet. What can be done to rectify this mistake?
  2. My I94/H1-B expired on 5th May 2016 . My extension was filed in April . On July 15th I lost my job and transferred my H1B to a new company on 1st Aug in regular processing and the decision is still pending . I got to know on Sep 2nd that my H1B extension got denied with my previous company , most likely my H1B transfer will be approved with CP. However, I came to know that one can not stay in US more than 180 days after I94 expiration date . With that said should I convert my H1B to PP have the decision in hand asap before 5th November (180 days completes on 5th Nov) OR Should I keep waiting for my H1B decision which is filed under regular processing and most likely to come in late November or early December
  3. My I-140 denied after RFE (lawyer did not disclose the reason of RFE/denial) on 12th May. H1B expired on 5th May and extension is in progress. I need to get rid of this company and start a new GC process with new employer. I do not want to wait for H1B extension approval as it takes 7-8 months and I have only 1.5 years left on my H1B 6 years quota. Current employer does not want to do PP for H1B extension . I understand H1B transfer will depend on H1B extension outcome . if H1B extension is denied then transfer will be denied too. What are the options left for me ? One way is to have I-797 from the new employer and get out of the country , have visa stamped and come back with new I-94 and start working with new employer? Do i need to go out along with my dependents too ? Is there any other way to have my H1B transfer to a new employer ? Please correct me if any above statement is wrong . All advises / possible options are appreciated.
×