I am wondering if any kind souls here could advise me on what research related requirements are placed on a company that wants to sponsor employees for EB1B under "outstanding researcher/professor" category. Here are some features of my company:
1. Small sized research and development company with 100 odd engineers, out of which 30 have PhDs.
2. Actively involved in SBIR and STTR research. Active collaboration with US universities to carry leverage fundamental research for product development and commercialization.
3. Around 15 academic papers, 4 patents held by the company.
4. Many (around 20) actively conduct "research" for their projects, which involves reading papers, carry out first-principle based research.
I am wondering if someone has experience filing for EB1B whilst working in a private company, and what documentation is required to prove to USCIS that the company can be classified as a research firm.
My own credentials are as follows.
1. Indian national, PhD + 2 yrs postdoc.
2. Currently on a O-1A visa (H1B rejected in lottery, unfortunately)
3. 8 journals, 8 conferences, 85+ citations, 40 independent. Reviewer of 8 journals and many conferences.
4. Actively working on STTR project with a US university that is carrying out fundamental research.
Any help regarding the applicability of the company in applying for me under EB1B would be greatly appreciated.