Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Mike_Jeffrey

  • Rank
  1. Hello, I am on TN visa and would like to know that can i become partner / shareholder in a S CORP in which major shareholder is a US Citizen. Can I have share ratio of 50:50 for dividend purpose ? Can I get a TN from this firm and run my W2 from this S CORP ? I am not sole owner in this firm. As per the law " An individual cannot obtain TN visa status for a company that he/she solely owns. 8 CFR § 214.6 (b). An individual also cannot obtain TN visa status for a company in which he/she is the controlling shareholder. Id. My green card is also filed by another firm which runs my W2. Thanks Mike