Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

buddinggeek

Members
  • Content count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About buddinggeek

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

310 profile views
  1. Hi All, I am under an employer right now and my H1 did not get picked this year. I just heard about the new OPT stem rules which also includes this statement "The rule also requires that a student must have a bona fide employer-employee relationship with an employer to obtain a STEM OPT extension " I assume this would mean I might not be eligible to work as a third party consultant on Corp to corp or contract to hire basis. What are my options? My last day of OPT is 3/2/2017 and if my employer applies for my H1 next year on the 31st, is there anyway for me to maintain my status provided my extension does not get approved? Request you suggestions and advice on this matter. Thank you so much!
  2. Hey guys, Can some one clarify if it is ok to show volunteer work experience during my initial OPT period when applying for the H1B process? Kindly clarify. Thank you so much!
  3. Ok. I have decided to apply my start date on Feb 2016 and end it on Feb1st 2016. This should give me the 60days gap required to apply for H1B.
  4. Thank you for the answer. what are my options once my OPT expires in 2017 to maintain a status(assuming there is no extension). Do I go back for a second masters? Day 1 CPT is not my option as it doesnt seem be a safe option.
  5. Guys, I am not considering the day 1 CPT. Do you think I will be on the safe side if I start my OPT from Feb 1 2015 - feb 1 2016. Someone told me that I need to have atleast 60 days gap between my last OPT day and my H1B filing on April 1st in 2016. This would allow me to stay in the US but not work untill i get my H1B in october 2016. Kindly clarify if this option will work out. Thank you so much!
  6. Hi all Given the current scenario where the OPT extension is still in doubt, I would like to know the options I have if If my H1B is not picked in May 2016. I plan to start my OPT in the second week of Februrary 11th or 12th . If my H1B is not picked this semister, and assuming there is not OPT extension. What are the legal options for me stay in status? Can I shift to a tourist visa and back to an F1, can I take Day 1 CPT, take one subject and then continue working after one semister? Kindly suggest
×