Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

salzburry

Members
  • Content count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About salzburry

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Some background: I came on H-4 in May 2015. I applied into an university and applied for I-539 change of status (H-4 to F-1). Graduated in Oct 2016. My OPT period was valid till Oct 10, 2017 and I filed my OPT extension application on Sep 25, 2017. I changed my employers on Nov 1,2017 and sent an updated I-765 to USCIS. At the same time, my new employer filed an cap exempt H-1b petition in premium processing on Nov 28, 2017 and got the receipt notice. I got an email on Dec 4, 2017 stating my OPT extension has been denied. On Jan 19, 2018, my H-1b application got denied. 1. What options do I have ? 2. My spouse is on H-1b visa. Can I apply for change of status I-539 (change of status) or do I have to leave the country and renter on H-4. 3. Since my OPT extension got denied, my Sevis is in completed status. Can I take an admission into a university, get a new I-20, Sevis and cross border into Mexico for Sevis reinstatement. Or do I have to go back, visit a consulate and get it stamped. Please advise.
  2. My OPT period was valid till Oct 10, 2017 and I filed my OPT extension application on Sep 25, 2017. I changed my employers on Nov 1,2017 and sent an updated I-765 to USCIS. At the same time, my new employer filed an cap exempt H1-b petition in premium processing on Nov 28, 2017 and got the receipt notice. I got an email update today (Dec 4, 2017) stating my OPT extension has been denied. 1. I understand that I need to stop working, but can I at least work till I get the rejected notice by post. 2. Also do I have leave the country if I do not get a decision on my H1-b petition before the end of 60 day grace period (Dec 10, 2017) 3. If my H1-b petition also gets rejected what options do I have. My spouse has H1-b visa. Can I file a I-539 and transfer to H-4 or do I need to leave the country since USCIS would receive the application after 60 day grace period.
  3. Hello, I received my H1b rejection (applied for FY2017 under cap) notice last week. The reason for rejection was stated to be “USCIS does not consider your petition to be properly filed. The fee you submitted with the I-129 petition is incorrect.” However we have a copy of the petition filed and all the checks(3 of them) have been correctly drafted. My lawyer said the rejection is incorrect and has raised a case with USCIS and also contacted the ombudsman. Anyone has any experience about this ??
  4. @jairichi Thanks a lot
  5. @JoeF Thanks for the reply. I understand that the total H1b employment is valid only for 6 years irrespective of employer. What I wanted to ask was during this 6 years period for me (valid till Oct 2018) can a non exempt employer file for my H1b (if filed in April 2016 will be valid only for 2 years till Oct 2018) since I have already undergone the extension process once. i.e in short in the 6 year period can a H1b be filed/extended multiple times as long as the it stays within the period or is it possible only once
  6. Hello, I am currently on 2nd H1b which is valid from Oct 2015 to Oct 2018. My first H1b was valid from Oct 2012 to Oct 2015. Both my H1bs were filed by a cap exempt employer. Currently I don't have an Green Card filing in process. (Employer is ready to file Green Card) Now if I wanted to transfer to nonexempt employer I think my two options are: 1. File in H1b quota in April 2016 and wait till Oct 2016 to work. 2. File in H1b quota in April 2016 and then proceed with concurrent employement Now suppose if I got a job with a nonexempt employer who are ready to file my H1b and wait till Oct for me to start to working. Now with my H1b renewed and valid for the whole 6 years, can they still file for my H1b under quota without Green card process initiation.
  7. salzburry

    H1B Cap Exempt to Cap Subject

    Hello, I am currently on a cap exempt H1b visa for past 3 years working for a nonprofit organization. My current employer has filed for an extension for another 3 years which would be approved in a month or so. He is also willing to sponsor my GC in the EB-2 category. Although the pay is not that good. I wanted to shift to a different company for better pay although their H1-B might come under the cap subject category. I wanted some opinion as to how should I proceed. a. Should I only target H1-B cap exempt jobs b. Should I let my current employer file for my GC and try to change jobs after I get my I-140 approved. c. Are there any other ways to do it like changing my visa status.(e.g changing to F1 or others)
  8. salzburry

    Stratford university EB2 and H1 problem

    Hey abhi333, Just wanted to followup with you on your petition. Were you able to file your GC under EB2.
×