Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

subramk

Members
  • Content count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About subramk

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Yes I implied I will be working for the first till oct 1. Without going back for stamping can't I ever change employers?
  2. Does this mean the new company can apply for a H1B transfer only after I go to my consulate back home and get the stamping done. Is there a way to do the transfer after Oct 1 without travelling to the consulate.
  3. Will I will be able to continue in F1-OPT even after Oct 1st till my OPT expires? Is there any risk factor associated with this kind of change.
  4. And I have to add that my H1B was filed as consular processing and not as change of status. Does that make any difference in H1 B transfer after october 1st or getting back to F1-OPT.
  5. Thanks guys. It was a very detailed discussion about H1B transfer. I hope this would help others like me as well. But another thing that I would like to know more about is how to get back to F1-OPT from an approved H1B petition. If my new employer cannot wait till October 1st and wants me to join by August 1st, I cannot do a H1B transfer and my only possible option to join the new employer would be to try and get back to F1-OPT.
  6. Thanks JoeF for informing about the latest policy of USCIS. Very thankful for the detailed information and your opinion.
  7. Thank you livliv. thanks for the detailed opinions. I will definitely consult this with an immigration attorney before proceeding.
  8. Is there any possibility to get back to OPT and work for the new company in OPT even after Oct 1. I read somewhere that you can do so by asking the current employer to revoke the H1b petition before Oct 1 and do a SEVIS data fix through DSO of the university and get back to OPT. Is that possible. I understand that I will again have to enter lottery next year. But as far as I'm not out of status on OCT 1 It will be fine for me.
  9. Thanks JairichiIs there any possibility to get back to OPT and work for the new company in OPT even after Oct 1. I read somewhere that you can do so by asking the current employer to revoke the H1b petition before Oct 1 and do a SEVIS data fix through DSO of the university and get back to OPT. Is that possible. I understand that I will again have to enter lottery next year. But as far as I'm not out of status on OCT 1 It will be fine for me.
  10. I recently completed my masters and got an offer from a company 1 and working since June 1. They had applied for H1 B visa on april 2015 and it has been approved now. I recently received a better offer from company 2 for which I had attended interview back in march. And since it is a better offer I want to move to company 2 and they have given the starting date as August 1. I have read from the forums that from last year(2014) USCIS rejects H1 B transfer or change of employer petitions applied before October 1st. Is this true for all cases or there is a chance for approval. I also read that USCIS not only rejects the transfer but also may revokes the first H1B petition by company 1 if transfer is applied before Oct 1st? Is my only option is to ask the company 2 to wait till October 1st and apply for transfer and then move. Please guys share your recent knowledge in this regard. Thanks in advance
  11. I recently completed my masters and got an offer from a company 1. They applied for H1B visa as it was company policy and it has been approved. I recently received a better offer from company 2 for which I attended the interview back in march. And since it is a better offer I want to move to company 2. company 2 has given the start date as August 1. I have read from the forums that from last year USCIS rejects transfer or change of employer petitions applied before October 1st. Is this true for all cases or there is a chance for approval. I also read that USCIS not only rejects the transfer but also may revoke the first H1B by company 1? Please guys share your recent knowledge in this before I can contact a legal officer from company 2. If transfer is not possible then my only option is to ask company 2 to wait till October 1? Thanks in advance
×