Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

newmail22

Members
  • Content count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by newmail22

  1. Hi, My son was born in usa with a rare heart condition and had undergone surgery in the first month of being born. Doctors later told us that he will need life long monitoring and may need further interventions. We are currently on H1B visa and are always stressed out about how we will take care of him if we have to go back to India. My current priority date is under EB2 category is Dec 2012. Is there a provision to apply for greencard on humanitarian grounds? We are extremely stressed out about our status and being able to provide our son best possible care. Please provide us any suggestions. Thank you
  2. newmail22

    Parents visiting on visitor visa

    Thanks Shekar
  3. Hi, My parents-in-law are planning to visit us and help us during and after the birth of our baby. The baby has been diagnosed with a heart defect and would require a surgery immediatly after the birth. We have several questions on how we plan their trip to make it most useful. We have several questions related to that: 1. Is the 6 months stay limit for the USA or entire North America. My sister- in law lives in Canada and they want to visit her as well after our visit. Is it possible for them to come visit us in US first, stay with us for 6 months and then go to Canada and stay there for few months and then return back to India from Canada? Does officers in port of entry in USA requires visitors to have an exit flight also from USA? 2. Is it possible for us to apply for their extension. With the baby undergoing surgery, we will really need a lot of help. Is it possible to get an extension or is it not guaranteed? 3. If they have to and fro flight from Canada, will their stay in Canada be considered in the 6 month stay limit? Is it possible for them to come to Canada first, stay there for 15 days and then come to US, stay with us for 6 months( and we will try for extension) and then they return back and exit from Canada? 4. If they come to US for 6 months and during that tenure how long can they go to Canada and stay? Is 30 day period apply to it or they can stay beyond 30 day Thanks you
  4. Hi Me and my wife were both on H1. Recently my wife lost her job. Her last day is on 25th of october. As per my understanding we have the following options: 1. Find another employer who would sponsor. I feel it is very difficult to find one in such a short time duration. May be some small consulting company might agree to transfer her H1B and find her a project. Questions: 1.1)Is it safe to go this route? 1.2)Are there complexities involved in getting visa transferred through this route since she will be working for a client project and not directly for the company sponsoring her visa? 2. Get her transferred to H4 and keep looking for a full time position where the company is ready to sponsor her visa. Questions: 2.1) I believe in this case when company applied for her H1, she will be cap exempt since she was already counted once within last 6 years. Is this true and Are there any other complexities involved in this route? 2.2) After some research we found that H1 to H4 COS might takes several months. During this time if we find a sponsor will we be able to reapply for H1 or will we have to wait until H1 to H4 COS is approved. is there a way to do premium processing from H1 to H4 cos? 2.3) Suppose it takes 3 months for H1 to H4 change of status and she find a job in 1 months, what are our options? Can we withdraw H1 to H4 cos application and apply for H1 transfer? if not do we need to travel back to India and get her H4 by reapplying and then travel back to US and reapply for H1? Thanks a lot for you time!
  5. Hi my current employer might fire employees in large numbers in another week. Currently my I-140 is approved with this employer. I don't have another job to immediately switch over to. If I find another employer in few weeks( with a gap of few weeks without a job), and they are willing to apply for my GC. In such a scenario can I still carry my priority date or will my previous application/priority date will be gone and I have to start afresh? If initially i find an employer who is ready to do my H1B but not my GC. But after few months I find another employer who is ready to do my GC, can I still use my previous priority date? Thanks a lot!
  6. Hi, Currently I am working with company A in Northern Virginia area(East coast). My I-140 is currently approved under EB2 category. Due to circumstances I need to change my job very soon. If I get an offer from a company on the west coast, will it affect my priority date? Can my priority date be transferred if my roles/duties remain same? Is green card application in anyway tied to a location/state? Thanks in advance for your help!
×