Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Pname1981

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

690 profile views
  1. Pname1981

    H4 EAD to H1B

    Thanks for your advice @mehopeful
  2. Pname1981

    H4 EAD to H1B

    Thank you mehopeful. Her H4 Visa is valid for 2 more years. Hence want to be on H4 till then and the move to H1B. Can she move to H1 and then after few month be back to H4 and still keep her H1B alive. Under current circumstances...could you please suggest to be on H1B or H4 EAD.
  3. Pname1981

    H4 EAD to H1B

    My wife is currently on H4 EAD and working for client (C1) through an employer (E1), the client only considers EADs. Also her H1B lottery got picked up but with an RFE for a different client (C2) through a different employer (E2). New Employer (E2) is shortly planning to file a response to the RFE. If her H1B gets approved 1. does she have to mandatorily move to H1B with new Employer (E2) 2. can she still stay on H4 EAD and continue with the current job and switch to H1B later if required.
  4. I am posting this for a friend, kindly review and advice. Timelines: i) H1B Extension (normal processing) was applied in Jun 2017, got an RFE and was appropriately responded. ii) In Nov 2017, the extension was denied by UCICS. iii) Employer (Consulting Company) re-applied with Premium processing. iv) Case was approved for 3 years but with Consular processing, however dependent H4 was denied. (Waiting for Approval notice) Could you please let us know : i) When does UCICS generally suggest going for Consular processing, as the applicant is in USA and this is an extension. ii) Can the applicant work in US, pending consular processing as original H1B validity expired. iii) How soon should the applicant go for Consular processing (India). iv) What are the chances of getting the Visa extension approved in India in this scenario. v) Does case approval help chances of Visa extension approval in India. vi) Can H4 extension be done along with applicant's consular processing in India.
  5. Pname1981

    Validity of H1B petition

    Thank you JoeF and GC_Visa... She was never on H1, but completed 4 years on L1. We are planning to approach the same consulting company who holds her H1B. Regards
  6. Pname1981

    Validity of H1B petition

    Hi Friends, My wife got her H1B approval notice in Oct 2010 with validity from Oct 2010 to Oct 2013. However, she never really converted to H1B or used it. Can we use it now in 2017 to convert from H4 to H1B. Please let me know. Regards
  7. Pname1981

    Status of old H1 changed in UCICS Website...

    Hi Reddi, The employer was fair and good for 4 years and I had no issues. But there was a change in management and things started going down and was very late before i could realize. Also, I am only worried about the case of my employer cancelling my I-140 before Jan 2017 or if the newly elected government puts a stop on Jan 2017 changes to the immigration policy.
  8. My H1 extension with my previous employer was approved in 2013 till Sep 2016. However I transferred my H1 to a new employer in July 2016. The relationship with my previous employer turned sour as he was paying me less based on a new LCA. I threatened to complain to Labor dept as he was not even providing me my employment letter. I routinely checked my previous H1 today and i see the following : " On August 3, 2016, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until January 30, 2017. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online request by January 30, 2017, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, with fee " Could any one help me as what this means..should i be worried..as I am on my new H1; I checked my I140 status and it still shows approved. ~Ram
  9. Thanks for the Response. Does that mean we can work with USCIS and get the Visa extended or should it be a new L1 visa. Could you please help me with inputs
  10. Hi Friends....hope you could help me with this complex problem. Me and My wife both came to US on L1 B visas...after an year ; she had to convert to L2 visa but was working for the same company. After that she again applied and received L1 visa through the same company and is currently on the L1 visa. My question : Is L2 period considered as part of the L1 period (5 years). Also, is there a way we can get the L2 period added to L1 period and get the L1 visa expiration dates extended. ~Ram
  11. hi Shravan missed this post, have just emailed you. could you please check. ~Ram
  12. Hi, Any one who attended interview on July 28th in Vancouver and have received their passports. please let me know. My status is still "Administrative Processing", i had planned to fly back to sfo this evening but am stuck...the place is costly too....any ideas or alternatives...plz do let me know. ~Ram