Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Stargate

  • Rank
  1. Hi, I’ve a pending I-485. H1B petition approved till 2023 (visa not yet stamped on passport). In June’21, I had to travel to India for family emergency. Before travel, i got Emergency AP (valid for 30 days). Also, recently got the combo card (2 years validity). My paid leaves will be exhausted next week. I may have to stay in India for another month or two. If the employer doesn’t allow work from India on US payroll, and suggests closing the onsite assignment and go on India payroll for time being (work for same client, same project), does it has any effect on my pending I-485 ? Thanks.
  2. Hi, I've a pending I-485 (EB3). Had to come to India for an emergency. Can we travel from India to USA just using the EAD/AP combo card, OR do we also need NIE ? Thanks.
  3. Hi, I filed in AOS in October'20 under EB3. Have received I-485/I-131/I-765 receipt numbers. Had biometrics in first week of April'21. Haven't received Combo card yet. H1B extension petition approved in 2020. Visa not stamped on passport. I may need to urgently travel to India to take care of my father who's hospitalized. How can I submit a request to expedite my AP (I-131) ? I'm calling USCIS customer care number to talk to a representative, but voice command won't let me. Thanks.
  4. Hello, Per the October visa bulletin, my EB3 priority date has become current. Is there a date by when we should file I-485 in October ? Should the application reach USCIS before 31st October or should the receipt number be generated by then ? How does it work ? Thanks !!
  5. Hello, My 1HB extension was filed on 22-Sep-2020. When I look at https://www.flcdatacenter.com, seems like the wages in my occupation has increased by approximately 20% after the new wages hike rule. Does it affect my pending H1B extension ? Do we need to do anything due to the recent new wages hike rule so that it doesn't inadvertently affect my pending H1B extension ? I'm a 3rd party contractor. Thanks in advance.
  6. Stargate

    Regarding I-485

    Don't know...I have the same questions
  7. Stargate

    Regarding I-485

    Hello, My current employer has filed my H1B extension+amendment this month. H1B visa/I-94 expiring Dec’20. I’ve an approved I-140 with priority date July-2014 (EB3). Same employer and client since then (just client’s name has changed because the client’s division that I used to work for, has been bought by another company recently). My client is in discussion with my current employer to hire me as a full-time employee. Today, I saw on October’20 Visa bulletin that my priority date has now become current. In this scenario, what should I do? Should I ask my current employer to file my I-485 ? or Should I wait for the discussions (between my employer and client) and then decide? Do you see any issues if in case my current employer files my I-485 ; and meanwhile the client agrees to hire me as a full time employee (and wants to start the H1B transfer process)? Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank you !!
  8. Hello, My H1B and I-I94 is expiring on 10-Dec-2020. I think my employer will file my extension in first or second week of September'20. I recently heard that people are seeing delay of 1 or 2 months in receipt number issuance. My question is : Can I stay in US and continue to work after 10-Dec-2020 in case the receipt number is not received by then ? If yes, what document(s) do I need to have ? Thanks !!
  9. Stargate

    New memo on NTAs dated 28th-June-18

    how can it be avoided?
  10. Stargate

    New memo on NTAs dated 28th-June-18

    In this situation (visa/i-94 expired, pending extension), what can be done proactively to avoid the NTA hassles (and prevent the 5-year ban)? What about the 240-day rule?
  11. I recently came across this policy memorandum on updated guidance on Notices to Appear (NTAs). https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2018/2018-06-28-PM-602-0050.1-Guidance-for-Referral-of-Cases-and-Issuance-of-NTA.pdf https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-notice-appear-policy-guidance-support-dhs-enforcement-priorities Suppose, a person's H1-B extension was filed in Feb'18, RFE issued in April'18, H1B Visa/I-94 expired in May'18 and RFE response received by USCIS in the first week of July-18. (I-140 was approved in 2015). Any suggestions what to do/what not to do? Thanks in advance for the help.