Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

aarya2k

Members
  • Content count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About aarya2k

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Yes. I am in the same boat. In my case, I had received an RFE on my H1B petition stating "my already filed H4 COS petition needs to have a decision to decide on H1B petition". Also note H4 gets approved in 5-6 months. I have tried even expedite process. Nothing worked out to speed up the process. So better apply the H4 COS and keep fingers crossed to get approved soon. Again I am not an attorney. You can talk to an attorney to get more clear information.
  2. aarya2k

    COS and H1B transfer same time

    I have few more questions on my current status. SInce I don't find any answers for H4 stamping in Mexico, I'm forced to asked these questions. Can someone please clarify. Considering my status which is explained above, 1. Can i go out of the country(probably Matamoros, Mexico) to get my H4 stamped since my wife H1B petition is valid until Dec 31st 2019. 2. Later can i respond to the RFE, With this stamped H4. Will USCIS consider that for approving the H1B transfer? 3. Since my wife H1B is expiring Dec 31st 2019, Is it advisable to get stamped for H4? Will I be allowed in the Port of Entry? 4. Do i get questions on my RFE H1B petition? 5. If I get questions on why I chose mexico for stamping, what should I tell? 6. What is the H4 visa stamping approval percentage in Matamoros, Mexico? Thanks in Advance.
  3. aarya2k

    COS and H1B transfer same time

    Update: 11/27 As mentioned above, currently I had applied for H1B to H4 COS. Meanwhile I was offered an another job from company B. Since I have got the H4 receipt, Company B filed a transfer H1B petition. But USCIS gave RFE to Company B H1B transfer petition stating "We wont be able to provide a decision on H1B transfer until the status of applied H4 COS petition is known". Is this is a valid RFE ? Even we have tried processing the H4 expedite processing. But USCIS denied that I didn't met the requirement for expedite process.
  4. aarya2k

    COS and H1B transfer same time

    Thanks for the Answers. Appreciate your response. Currently I had applied for COS H4 and made sure fedex delivered within 60 days. Now I let company B know that I applied for H4. So they will apply for H1B transfer once I received the H4 COS receipt. Usually that would take another 10-15 days to get the receipt. I will keep this post updated going forward about my experience. Hoping that it would help someone.
  5. Hi, I'm currently on H1B valid until Dec 2019 with Company A. My wife is on seperate H1B valid until Dec 2019 with Company C. Company A terminated me in August 2019 and they started filing Change of status for me from H1 to H4 to protect my status. I am going to be out of status soon by end of October. But I have got an offer from Company B who will transfer my H1B very soon. My doubts are 1. Can Change of status and H1B transfer be applied at the same time ? 2. Filing a Change of Status first by Company A affect my H1B transfer from Company A to B ? 3. Do i have to intimate company B that company A is filing Change of status before company B files my H1B transfer? 5. Do I have to go for consular stamping once H1B transfer approved? 6. I don't have pay stubs for last one month. Is recent paystubs are mandatory for company B to transfer my H1B ? 7. Can i stay after Dec 2019 if my wife H1B extension is applied and my H4 COS is still pending ? 8. Do i have to file for H4 extension again when my wife H1B extension gets approved ? I know my case is quite complicated but I am having sleepless nights with many questions. Please Help. Thank You !!
  6. Hi, This forum has been very helpful for so many immigrants across US. This also helped me when my passport was impounded in India 2 years before. Now let me come to my current problem. I'm on H1B visa. I was with XXX client from Jan 2017 - Apr 2017. Then I went on leave for 3 months due to my child's health condition without salary/pay stubs from my employer. Then I have got a remote project in August 2017 and currently working in that. I wanted to travel India for my brother's marriage in another 15days. My company attorney says its a risk travelling to India and to get stamped. This is my first stamping for H1B. Here are the risks listed by my attorney: 1. I was on leave without salary for 3months. Officier will reject my petition if he checks my history of employment and salary stubs. 2. She cannot approve for premium processing for amendment since she has other priorities. The amendment is not processed yet. 3. She would advise the management that I have taken enough number of leaves and that would cause company's profit. Is it advisable to travel and to get stamped? I don't see a risk involved like an attorney advises. And moreover, I wanted to go the wedding in any cause.
  7. aarya2k

    My passport impounded in India

    I have asked my dad to contact lawyer regarding this. Can you tell me how come a lawyer will help if my passport is already impounded. I have no idea about this.
  8. aarya2k

    My passport impounded in India

    Kindly anyone advice me what i should do further. ??
  9. aarya2k

    My passport impounded in India

    Adverse police verification report. After I come to US there was an post verification. In my absense My dad said that I worked in bangalore for past one year. But i have a applied in tatkal with my native address with all proofs having same. Now police gives me an adverse report only because of this. No other criminal case or nothing to take very serious action like this.
  10. aarya2k

    My passport impounded in India

    I am actually not sure about the role of a lawyer in this. Will he/she file a petition for not impounding my passport. How long it will take him to clear my passport ?? Also i have plans for filling h1b visa this year(2014). Feeling restless. Sometimes i think i can go to India and submit my impounded passport and apply for a new passport in tatkal and return back to US by march 2014 for applying h1b visa. Is this adviseable.. ?? Please guide me as my wife is pergnant and we are expecting by May 2014.
  11. As i am came to US in H4 visa about 8 months back. Earlier I had applied for the passport in tatkal and got it by Feb 2013. No police verification till i was in India. I came to US by May 2013. Now i have received continuous emails regarding my passport impounding because of adverse police verification report. I replied i was not in India. Recently they have sent email that my passport has been impounded under section 10(3)(b) of the Passports Act, 1967 and Section 12(1)(b) of the Passport Act, 1967. Could you please let me know, whether i can apply for a new passport here in US or i should fly back to India to apply for a new passport.
×