Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About sm09

  • Rank
  • Birthday August 9

Profile Information

  • Gender
  1. Thank you so much! I will inform the nonprofit about the potential issues with taxation etc.
  2. Hi, I am an international consultant and was working for the UN in NYC until recently. I returned to India on the completion of my assignment and expiration of my G4 visa. I have recently been approached by a U.S. based non-profit organization to consult with them and oversee one of their Donor-Advised and funded projects in Asia and travel to those project locations. This assignment will be 12-18 months long. In the beginning of my assignment to get acquainted with the work, I will need to be in U.S. for 3-4 months. At present, I have a 10 year long B-1 visa. Please advise: a. Is it legal for me to stay on in U.S. for 3-4 months to get acquainted with the work on a B1 visa? b. I have both Indian and American bank accounts. However, should I accept my payment in my Indian bank account? Is it legal for an American organization to pay me as an international consultant. c. What kind of paperwork is required to allow me to work for this non-profit organization as an international consultant? Do I need to change my visa? I am supposed to be in U.S. for a conference next month. I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards, sm