Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ilovemyself2

Members
  • Content count

    51
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About ilovemyself2

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

933 profile views
  1. Hi, I am travelling from US to India, a layover in London and I have a Indian passport with expired H1b visa stamp and I have an approved I797. Is it true that I need a transit visa travelling through London/Paris? Does it depends on layover time? If transit visa is required what is the procedure and How long would it take to get Transit visa? costs?
  2. ilovemyself2

    H1b transfer from 7 months and travelling to India

    Yes. That's correct. In POE point, Is an employee is not allowed into US while the case is in progress? What happens if the case is still in pending while I am coming back to US? Will they not allow, even though I have H1b stamping? What happens if I get a RFE and I try to enter US? If its denied, I understand, I cannot enter US.
  3. ilovemyself2

    H1b transfer from 7 months and travelling to India

    Yes. But my current transfer is in progress. I just have receipt of it. Should I carry my previous I797 which is associated with my H1b stamp?
  4. Hi, My H1b transfer is in progress from past 7 months and I am going to India next month but won't be back until March,2016. I do have H1b stamp until Sep2016 (based on previous I797). I see current processing time at Vermont is May25th. USCIS received my package on June 8th,2015. Should I go for premium processing at this point or wait until February? Is it necessary to go to stamping again once H1b transfer approved? If not necessary, Is it okay to enter US with previous I797 and Tell them my case is in process from 7 months and carry the receipt? Anyone had trouble at POE ? Please suggest. Thanks.
  5. ilovemyself2

    H1b will be Revoked but have a Fulltime offer

    But ZZZ know that I am on H1b right now, doesn't know that My current job ends on May31st. Suppose, I apply B2 and its in process, In the meanwhile, my H1b approves, doesn't it matter, I have a B2 in process? Since, I was on B2 processing for some days, should I reenter US with new stamping.? Or I can just withdraw my B2 and join ZZZ with new H1b?
  6. ilovemyself2

    H1b will be Revoked but have a Fulltime offer

    Its not extension. It will be H1b Transfer. Why would it be denied. If my current employer sends notice to USCIS on May31st, USCIS might take a look at it and issue revocation by june 7th(1 week of time) and In the meanwhile, they will receive New H1b transfer from ZZZ. Does having no pay stub is called Out of status? In my case from June1st until my employer runs a pay check or receives a new petition number from USCIS. Why would I need to go for stamping, I have stampin from my previous employer until 2016. I didn't understand "Once EOS approves, or you get it done by CP, it will not be problem during GC. "..Could you pls explain acronyms. Thanks
  7. I am in a Tricky situation in my H1b now. 1. I am currently working for YYY company from past 6 months as a Full timer and got laid off and my last day of work would be May 31st. YYY will revoke my H1b on May 31st. Is it really possible that they can revoke exactly on May31st? They said, They ll inform USCIS. Does informing is different from revoking? 2. My Ex-employer XXX is ready to file a H1b transfer with In-House project but chances are less to get approved with In-house project.. Isn't it? Meanwhile I am looking for contracting jobs with my current TITLE. 3.I got a Full-time offer from a decent american company(ZZZ) but they are slow processing. May be able to file LCA and file H1b by June 15th. My choices: 1. Go with XXX and file In-house H1b Transfer and wait for contracting job? When I get contracting job, Should I just make H1B and LCA amendment with new title and responsibilities? Or 2.Take Full time with ZZZ ? - Will I be out of status from June01 - June15 (until zzz files H1b transfer).? - If I am out of status for 15days. Does it affect my h1b transfer with ZZZ or future employment or GC? - Should I leave the country and go for stamping b/w June01-June15 ? I already have stamping until 2016? - What If YYY revokes my H1b after June 15 and By the time, ZZZ sends H1b files for transfer? Do I still have any issues? Thanks in advance
  8. I am in a Tricky situation in my H1b now. 1. I am currently working for YYY company from past 6 months as a Full timer and got laid off and my last day of work would be May 31st. YYY will revoke my H1b on May 31st. Is it really possible that they can revoke exactly on May31st? They said, They ll inform USCIS. Does informing is different from revoking? 2. My Ex-employer XXX is ready to file a H1b transfer with In-House project but chances are less to get approved with In-house project.. Isn't it? Meanwhile I am looking for contracting jobs with my current TITLE. 3.I got a Full-time offer from a decent american company(ZZZ) but they are slow processing. May be able to file LCA and file H1b by June 15th. My choices: 1. Go with XXX and file In-house H1b Transfer and wait for contracting job? When I get contracting job, Should I just make H1B and LCA amendment with new title and responsibilities? Or 2.Take Full time with ZZZ ? - Will I be out of status from June01 - June15 (until zzz files H1b transfer).? - If I am out of status for 15days. Does it affect my h1b transfer with ZZZ or future employment or GC? - Should I leave the country and go for stamping b/w June01-June15 ? I already have stamping until 2016? - What If YYY revokes my H1b after June 15 and By the time, ZZZ sends H1b files for transfer? Do I still have any issues?
  9. ilovemyself2

    Mass Lay off on H1b severance and status

    Thank you very much. Much helpful.
  10. ilovemyself2

    Mass Lay off on H1b severance and status

    Thanks for you answers.. Much helpful..
  11. ilovemyself2

    Mass Lay off on H1b severance and status

    Thanks for you answers.. Much helpful..
  12. ilovemyself2

    Mass Lay off on H1b severance and status

    Thanks for you answers.. Much helpful..
  13. Hi, I recently took up a full time with employer YYY from XXX(contracting Indian employer). Got laid off yesterday with 30mins notice because of change in business model in YYY company but they are willing to offer severance pay for next 2 months but my last day to office was yesterday. 1.Does this mean my status is active until YYY runs pay check, even though I don't work or go to office? Or My status is inactive from yesterday. 2.What would be approach my with YYY in negotiating severance package? any points like health insurance etc.? Or does any one have experience in this matter? Should I seek a professional lawyer advice? If so, How? 3.For example, if YYY says, I give 2 months severance with $10,000. In worst case scenario , if I don't find a job by EOD 2nd month, Can I ask them to run my $10,000 for 3 months instead of 2 months( if my LCA amount is less than my annual salary)? 4.For suppose, I find a contracting job in next 1 month and ex-employer(XXX) starts my H1b transfer. Should I start my new job after the completion of 2 months severance form YYY? Or Can I deny the severance at that time and take up new job? What would be better idea? Can someone please shed some light here and provide me necessary information. Thanks in advance. Please let me know, if you are comfortable talking over phone.
  14. Hi, I recently took up a full time with employer YYY from XXX(contracting Indian employer). Got laid off yesterday with 30mins notice because of change in business model in YYY company but they are willing to offer severance pay for next 2 months but my last day to office was yesterday. 1.Does this mean my status is active until YYY runs pay check, even though I don't work or go to office? Or My status is inactive from yesterday. 2.What would be approach my with YYY in negotiating severance package? any points like health insurance etc.? Or does any one have experience in this matter? Should I seek a professional lawyer advice? If so, How? 3.For example, if YYY says, I give 2 months severance with $10,000. In worst case scenario , if I don't find a job by EOD 2nd month, Can I ask them to run my $10,000 for 3 months instead of 2 months( if my LCA amount is less than my annual salary)? 4.For suppose, I find a contracting job in next 1 month and ex-employer(XXX) starts my H1b transfer. Should I start my new job after the completion of 2 months severance form YYY? Or Can I deny the severance at that time and take up new job? What would be better idea? Can someone please shed some light here and provide me necessary information. Thanks in advance. Please let me know, if you are comfortable talking over phone.
×