Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DesparateDesi

Members
  • Content count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About DesparateDesi

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Thanks pontevecchio for your response. My problem here is, as I left my previous employer, my previous attorney is not responding to my request to handle the RFE. My previous attorney mentioned as I changed my employer and this RFE is due to the change of employment, it needs to be treated as a separate case. When I approached other attorneys I'm getting a price tag of around 3K to handle this RFE. I'm perplexed.
  2. My case: I-485 under EB3 pending since Aug-2007. Changed employer by Oct-2011. Reprocessed GC under EB2 and got I-140 approved by Sep-2012. Successfully interlinked pending I-485 with the approved I-140. Got RFE on pending I-485 due to employment change. RFE is asking for a letter from current employer stating my job title, job duties, salary, join date, position education/training requirement. Needed document for this RFE: New employment letter from my current employer (letter format is available online), along with most recent W2 from current employer, most recent 3 pay stubs, copies of approved I-140 (both under EB2 and EB3), copy of I-485, copy of RFE itself with a covering letter justifying the qualification for 180 days rule. Question: Is an attorney needed must or can I handle this RFE by myself? Thanks for your time reading my post and thanks in advance for your help!
  3. I ported my GC process from EB3 to EB2 successfully. I got a letter from USCIS stating my pending I-485 application under EB3 has been interlinked with my newly approved I-140 filed under EB2. My I-485 is pending since Aug-2007. I joined my new company on Oct-2011, which is clearly after 180 days rule. Couple of weeks back received a RFE on my pending I-485 requesting for 'Verification of Employment' as I have changed my employer. The letter should be issued by my current employer stating my job title, job duties, salary, join date and the position's education/training requirement, I have two attorneys, one for EB3 and another for EB2. Since my RFE is for I-485 I need to work with my old attorney who is authorized for my I-485. Or I need to find another attorney, authorize the new attorney.... My previous attorney is very busy with other cases and didn't respond to my request to assist me on my RFE, for weeks? I have the letter format for 'VOE' My question: Can I do all the work in responding to this RFE as this looks simple to me or should I only work with an attorney in responding to this RFE? I can prepare the 'VOE' letter printed by my current employer letter head, attach my latest W2 with my current employer, attach most recent 3 pay stubs with my current employer, prepare a covering letter stating my case and justifying the 180 days rule, attach a copy of my I-140 (both approved under EB2 and EB3), attach a copy of my pending I-1485 and attach a copy of the RFE, and courier to the given USCIS address.
  4. DesparateDesi

    EB3 to EB2 ported. EB2 I-140 approved. Change employer question

    Thanks pontevecchio for the information. Before getting my GC if I join another (third) employer, can my previous (second) employer do anything (cancel/withdraw) of my approved I-140 under EB2? (I like to know any "in case" scenarios.) If so, will that cause any issue on my EB2 ported or cause any issue on my pending I-485 to approve under EB2 category when my PD comes current?
  5. My GC process is successfully ported from EB3 to EB2. Waiting for my PD to come current to approve my I-485 and get my GC. My case: My first company processed my GC under EB3. Labor approved. Applied I-140 and I-485 concurrently by Jul 2007. I-140 got approved under EB3 around 2008 and I-485 is still pending. Last year I joined another/second company and filed my Labor and I-140 under EB2. I-140 under EB2 got approved and my PD is ported successfully from EB3 to EB2. Now I have two approved Labor (under EB3 and EB2), two approved I-140 (under EB3 and EB2) and one pending I-485. Requested USCIS to interfile my I-140 approved under EB2 with my pending I-485. Question: 1. Labor and I-140 is approved under EB2 with my second company. I-485 is still pending. How long should I have to work for my second company before joining third company without causing any problem for my pending I-485 to approve under EB2 category when my PD comes current? Thanks all, for your time reading my post and thanks in advance for your answer.
  6. I have a pending I-485 filed under EB3 with company A. Joined Company B who agreed to port my EB3 to EB2. Got Labor and I-140 approved under EB2 in Company B. My PD is successfully ported from EB3 to EB2, as I could confirm that on my I-140 under EB2 approval notice. I have also requested USCIS to interfile EB2 I-140 with my pending I-485. Now I'm waiting to get my Priority Date to come current to get my GC. My question is about the rules/law that I should know before quitting Company B and joining a new Company C. 1. Can I join new Company C before getting my GC and after 180 days of I-140 filed under EB2 by Company B, without causing any problem to get my I-485 approve under EB2? 2. If I get my GC while I am with Company B, how long should have to continue work for Company B before joining Company C, without violating the 'INTEND to Work' rule of GC?
×