Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About metroguy

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

1,748 profile views
  1. Maximum 6 months. This is common these days. Go for premium if your employer is a big company and you have a decent salary and full time role and not working at client site. My h1b in PP got approved in 3 days. Got the approval docs in a week
  2. metroguy

    H1B LCA Amendment went to RFE

    The main problem here is Test analyst / Programmer analyst job role. Any job with analyst USCIS is issuing your queries. It takes a lot of time to respond to above questions. Options 1) Work with client A to see if your project can be extended 2) Look for a new employer 3) Take risk and work at new client site.
  3. metroguy

    LCA certification timelines

    a week max
  4. The date of your h4 COS receipt by EAD, your h1b clock stops. so no worries.
  5. metroguy

    H1B to H4 Change of Status after loosing the Job

    1) Better to apply as soon as possible. Once you file for h1b to h4 , you will be in h4 status immediately and can stop working immediately if you want or continue employment until your h1 to h4 Change of status gets approved. 2) Yes you can use your remaining h1b in the future 3) no impact.
  6. Better get your RFE's resolved before deciding on next steps. If both your H1B's get approved then continue in the same status. If your RFE gets denied and your spouse h1b is approved, then look for options of change of your status from h1b to h4 along with with EAD
  7. metroguy

    H1b contract to hire after 6 year

    if you currently have a FTE position with a nice company, better not to join any consulting companies that promise FTE in the future. It hard to get h1b approved with consulting companies like C these days. all the best
  8. metroguy

    H1B Transfer Rejected

    If USCIS approves your petition with out I94, better get it stamped it in india instead of canda or mexico. I got stuck in canada for a month even after working as an FTE for microsoft. Go to your home country for stamping so that even if they delay in giving you visa, you will have a safe home to stay
  9. metroguy

    H1B Transfer Rejected

    You have 60 days to transfer to a new company from May 4. Better do h1b with the extension of stay instead of consular processing.
  10. 3) Its your preference whether to go with A or C. But the company you selected need to file for H1B 4) A or C should file for h1b by including your I140 approved notice copy while filing.
  11. 1) Yes 2) based on employment / client letter given by employer C to USCIS. Full time big company, you will get 3 years.
  12. If you friend had I140 approved previously, his wife can use it to start extending her H4 EAD by providing the primary person deceased details. There are provisions in her case. But the case has to be filed by the attorney
  13. metroguy

    H4 EAD Renewal based on my new H4 and my spouse H1B Approvals

    No you cant apply for EAD extension before 180 days now. You should have applied for your new EAD along with your husband new H1B
  14. metroguy

    H4 EAD Renewal

    1) I think no problem 2) Yes she can change jobs when her application is in progress
  15. metroguy

    H4 EAD extension renewal after H1B transfer approved

    1) You should have applied you wife H4 + EAD along with your h1b application. Then she will get H4 and EAD valid till your new h1b expiry 2) Now it takes a lot of time to get new H4 and EAD because there is no premium available for h4 3) EAD extension can only be applied 6 months or 90 days in advance.