Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About samstrong123

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

819 profile views
  1. samstrong123

    Second EAD- start date and duration

    Any input working people?
  2. samstrong123

    I-485-Birth Certificate related evidence

    Any reply members?
  3. Hello, I have applied for marriage-based green card. I do not have birth certificate with me. So I sent School Leaving Certificate mentioning my date and place of birth and Certificate of Domicile, Nationality; mentioning my date and place of birth. I also sent my passport copies (from my parent country) containing my date, place of birth and my father's and mother's names. I got letter in mail saying, secondary evidence, I provided in place of birth certificate is not enough. It says, I should provide birth certificate/ school certificate containing my name, date, place of birth and parent's names. My relatives got my birth certificate from municipal county office, where I was born, earlier this week. I contains my date, place of birth and parents' names. But it does not have my name on it. Also my mother's only first name is mentioned. Respective officer in that office, told my relative, that no information on this birth certificate can be changed. In this scenario, what should I do next? What documents I can provide to USCIS to satisfy their concern. Let me know at earliest convenience. Thank you. Sam.
  4. samstrong123

    Second EAD- start date and duration

    Hello All, I have graduated from State US University last year and have current EAD under post-graduation OPT category. As of now, I am working using my student-based EAD and this expires on January 2019. I got married to US citizen and have applied for my green card, change of status, and employment authorization based on family-based category. I got biometric processing /fingerprinting done earlier this week. I would like to know- 1. When I should expect my next EAD card? 2. What will be duration of this next EAD card? If anyone can share their experience, I will appreciate this. Sam.
  5. samstrong123

    I-130 and I-864

    Thank you pontevecchio and newacct for your input. pontevecchio: Yes, I will put details of my latest entry. I-864-A, should be filled by a US citizen or lawful permanent resident. I am not either of them as of now. Hence, I am planning to put my income as household income in form I-864. newacct: Yes, I will put recent date of arrival. As I am working in the US legally, I am planning to put my income as household income in form I-864. I-864, gives option to provide for last 1 year or 3 yrs information. Should we provide one year or three year? Does this matter? Also, as supporting documents one need to provide, copy of federal tax returns. Do we need to submit W2, in addition to copy of returns? Sam.
  6. samstrong123

    I-130 and I-864

    Hello Everyone, Twenty-six views, but no reply? Let me know if anyone has any input. Thanks. Sam.
  7. Hello, I am on the OPT (part of student visa) and my wife is a US citizen. We are in the process of filing my green card. On form I-130, in beneficiary information section, I need to put my "Date of Arrival". Should I put my most recent date of arrival or my date of first arrival. For the form I-864, sponsor is my wife, as she's US citizen. But currently, she is not working (taking care of our newborn). I have a full time job and this our source of family income. So can I put me as part of household and use my income to support my family? Let me know your input. Thank you. Sam.
  8. Hello pontevecchio, Thank you for your input. 1. Yes, I have option to put current address now and apply. Then update address change as per necessity. This way, process will start earlier but will it get delayed after address change? I am more inclined to file after one month with new address. But my worry is process will start later and hence end later. My current opt ends on Jan 2019. And I would like to have my employment authorization come in before that. 2. Yes I will put date as per my estimate. 3. It was a state university with good reputation. But I-20 was for PhD program with out financial support. School told me first year they will see my performance and from second year they can provide financial support. But visa officer see that as not enough financial support and gave me denial. I do not have related paperwork, so do not know what reason what given at that time. I applied again next year in 2004, at that time I had admission from Master's program with financial support and my visa was granted I came to US. I would like to know, what will be implications on my I485 processing, if I said yes to visa denied question? And what explanation I should provide for this denial. Thanks. Sam.
  9. Hello, My wife is a US citizen and we are married for one year. We are fling for my green card and I have following concerns about some of the forms- 1. I130: Petition for Alien Relative- in part 4 ( Beneficiary information ie my info) section, it asks "The beneficiary is in the US and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at USCIS office in: City XXXX and State XX. We are currently living in Arkansas and planning to move to Chicago next month. Then what information should we put for city & state where I will apply for my adjustment of status? 2. I131: Application for Travel Document- In Part 3- Processing information section- I need to put intended date of departure. My date of travel is not fixed., it will sometime next year. In this case how accurate this date needs to be? 3. I485- Application to Adjust Status- Part 8- General Eligibility section- it asks have I ever been denied visa to the US. I came to the US, fourteen years ago and have been on F1 and H1 visas since then. When I applied for student visa first time in 2003, it was denied. Then I applied again in 2004 and my student visa was approved. So what should I put here as answer? Shall I put "No" as I got visa afterwords and this will speed up processing of my documents. As my one denial was 14 years ago, they will not have record have it. I was told if visa is denied records are kept for 5 yrs and if its received then kept for 3 yrs. In either way my records of that application would not be there. If I put yes and tell them my visa was denied once, the what explanation I should give for this. In 2003, my student visa application was based on a admission into a PhD program without assistant-ship. I don't even remember what was the reason for denial, intended immigrant or financial one. I think this might delay my application processing. Let me know. Thanks. Sam.
  10. Hello, I am on F1 student visa, specifically on one year OPT started January 2018. I have married to a US citizen, in the US, since last 9 months. I am planning to file for my green card in next few days. Can any one suggest me after filing, in what time frame I should expect to get my employment authorization card? I would like to apply it and receive it before my OPT authorization ends. Any input from any one's experience on time frame would be helpful to me. Sincerely, Sam.
  11. samstrong123

    OPT- insurance

    Hi, I got my OPT approved last month. I would like to know, do I need to have health insurance when I am in between my graduation and have a health insurance from my next employer. Once I get my next employment, I will get insurance provided by them or form other party. Let me know. Thanks Sam.
  12. samstrong123


    Hi Latha G, Thank you for this update. OPT is considered as part of student visa. But about taking a class in OPT, is different and your school's DSO should be able guide you in this regards. Make sure you have all details about the class before hand. If you don't mind, can you tell when did you apply for your OPT and what start date you put on the form? Sam.
  13. samstrong123

    OPT Application Processing Time

    Hello, Here is the sequence of events- 1. I have applied for OPT on Oct. 24, 2017. 2. I got notice I-797C, dated Oct. 31, 2017 stating that USCIS has received my application on Oct 27, 2017. 3. I have graduated on Dec. 8, 2017. 4. I put my OPT start date as January 1, 2018. 5. I have not received my Employment Authorization Card yet. My online case status says "Application received on Oct. 27, 2107". I have following concerns- A. Is anybody else in similar shoes? B. When should I expect my OPT card? C. USCIS website give normal processing time as 75- 90 days. Does these mean calendar days or working business day? If one considers calendar days then in this case my 75 days are and 90 days over on Jan. 11 and Jan. 26 respectively. D. After contacting USCIS office, once they told to wait for more time, and other time they mentioned that they cannot expedite processing of my application as financial reason could not be reason to enough to expedite the application and application will be processed in normal processing period. What should be my next best step? Thanking you.
  14. samstrong123

    221g Blue Slip - H1B - Ottawa

    Hi usvisah1, I was also checking online status of my case, but even they emailed me to pick up my passport with visa, my online status was showing "interview". I think online update take some time than day-today status. In your case as they have asked you to submit passport, most probably they will stick visa on your passport and return you back your passport. Once you get email from embassy to pick up yr passport ( which should be in next few days), you get the passport with visa. Sam.
  15. samstrong123

    221g Blue Slip - H1B - Ottawa

    Hello, Nickmsp- I felt the same way. Nothing went wrong in our case. As per protocol vo need to send file for administrative processing if some one has masters/ research background. for me it took 16 business days after interview/ submitting documents. So be patient and you should receive email from embassy to submit your passport. 2016emc2- Email said- administrative processing for my case is completed. I should pick up passport and visa at respective Canadian postal station.