• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

JoeF last won the day on June 18 2013

JoeF had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About JoeF

  • Rank
    Got helped? Now help !!

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
     Austin, TX

Recent Profile Visitors

58,386 profile views
  1. This looks like a medical check. Way back when I did CP, they wanted an x-ray (TB check), and proof of MMR vaccination (which I didn't have, my parents didn't keep that, so I had to get the MMR shot...)
  2. A visitor visa doesn't allow immigration intent. She has shown immigration intent, so she risks being denied entry when using the visitor visa.
  3. That F1 issue had mostly to do with not having strong ties to your home country. The H1/H4 allow immigration intent, so that's not a problem with these.
  4. A visa stamp is an entry document. You don't need that for an H1 transfer.
  5. It may or may not work out. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.
  6. H1 extensions in the US with middle vendors are also scrutinized nowadays, due to employer-employee relationship. The best thing is to avoid situations with middle vendors. Direct employment or EC is best.
  7. The LC is for a particular job. If you get promoted, the job obviously has changed, so the PERM has to be started over for the new job (I doubt that you would go back to the old job, essentially a demotion, when the GC is approved.)
  8. With the COS to H1, you are no longer on L1 and are not allowed to work for the L1 employer anymore. A 2-week notice is not required in this case. No employer can force you to work for them if you don't have legal authorization to do so. US federal law overwrites any other contractual obligations. It would be illegal work, and knowledgeable HR would not allow you to continue working for the employer. Employment in the US is at will, anyway, and 2-week notices are just a courtesy. If an employer lays somebody off they don't give 2 weeks notice, and an employee doesn't have to, either. As the saying goes, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander", meaning if the employer can lay you off with no notice, you can quit with no notice as well.
  9. The employer-employee relationship is always an issue if there are middle vendors, even more so with multiple middle vendors.
  11. They will just get denied because you have a GC. Of course, the employer can send a letter to withdraw them.
  12. Yeah, that's one of the problems with AC21. It only applies while the GC is pending. It is silent about the scenario you mention.
  13. The consular officers have some discretionary powers. Nobody can really say one way or the other.
  14. The category c) doesn't seem to be correct. If somebody does Consular Processing, the person doesn't get a GC abroad, the person gets an Immigrant Visa. The signature for the actual GC is collected at the POE. That's how it worked for me back when. It sure is interesting to learn that the latest form of the GC doesn't require a signature. Didn't know that.
  15. It is irrelevant for H1 stamping.