Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by pontevecchio

  1. If dismissed with prejudice, the arrest records by themselves will mean nothing. Expunging the records of an Alien will not eliminate them from access by USCIS and by Canada. They will not show up in a search by potential employers. YOU SHOULD involve a lawyer and get appropriate input. If it was a rehabilitative disposition, all bets are off.
  2. pontevecchio

    I need help to complete N400 with DUI case

    My 2 cents is that you need to discuss the matter with a lawyer and make sure you answer those questions correctly.
  3. You should run these questions by the college/DSO and follow her guidance fully.
  4. Talk to a lawyer and soon, maybe the firm of Murthy or any of your choice so that all the options can be discussed.
  5. pontevecchio

    I485 Submission without valid L1A visa

    That would be called Consular Processing and firstly the PD has to be current and the GC Sponsor has to give written confirmation about the job being available.
  6. Unless you have worked for the initial sponsor, your H1 validity will be gone and hence no question of transfer.
  7. pontevecchio

    Is it visa abuse?

    She will in most likelihood not be given a tourist visa. You may need to wait for regime change in November.
  8. pontevecchio

    Inform USCIS about arrest after greencard interview?

    Why would they need to be informed?
  9. pontevecchio

    H1B doctors starting 1st July

    Medical residents on H1Visa start in July. They are not subject to the quota. As far as the OP, I have no idea.
  10. Once you get your EAD, you may use that or H1 status for work. Since F2A is current, your GC should not take more than a year.
  11. pontevecchio

    Canada Citizen on h4

    You should possibly run this question by the firm of Murthy or any of your choice. As a Canadian Citizen, you do not need a visa to enter in H4 status.
  12. Get in touch with an Indian Lawyer dealing in such matters.
  13. pontevecchio

    I94 expired with valid I797

    How does filing a COS let you work?
  14. pontevecchio

    221(g) Refused Spouse immigrant visa Petition

    You should involve a lawyer.
  15. pontevecchio

    Wife threatening divorce after I-485 approval

    Once your divorce is finalized, you can let the USCIS know. Vengeance can be a terrible taskmaster. Unless you are in a community property state, she cannot ruin you financially though you will take a hit.
  16. pontevecchio

    H4 Working Advisory

    https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states You could discuss the matter with an Immigration Lawyer should you choose. The merits may be debatable. But not paying tax on that Income here and not declaring it may lead to serious consequences. Silence is golden.
  17. pontevecchio

    USC Guy considering to marry a girl in India

    In these days of profound unrest and the possible cusp of change, it would be expedient for people responding to be polite and to the point instead of pontificating and using words betraying contempt of others. I have no idea why the Law Firm cannot ask for the norms to be followed especially if there is a recurrent and repetitive strain of hostile answers aimed at posters from one country. A simple answer would be "No B2, but K1".
  18. pontevecchio

    Eligibility to file AOS

    It is possible to make a hash of the situation. Please ensure a lawyer is involved and files your AOS.
  19. pontevecchio

    L1B -> Lay Off -> Hold approved I 140

    1. Ask the GC sponsor if they will remain interested. If not you can use that PD for a subsequent filing. 2. Ask HR/Your supervisor. 3. You do not have to inform anyone. 4. You could stay and drive until the COS petition is adjudicated. But if COVID is still an issue at that time and if there are no flights to your home country, that gives you a reason. Other reasons may be considered frivolous.
  20. F4 is backlogged by 15 years. https://www.uscis.gov/i-130
  21. pontevecchio

    Expired B-2 Visa

    Good Job. Thanks for the feedback. Why did you think she was only admitted for 3 months?
  22. pontevecchio

    Eligible if away from US for less than a year?

    Firstly not after the fact. Look at https://www.uscis.gov/n-470 If in doubt, wait it out or if you deem the matter urgent, get lawyers take on it.
  23. pontevecchio

    F2B sponsoring for OPT Student

    Have you discussed CSPA with your lawyer? Do not file for her without lawyer input.
  24. pontevecchio

    Expired B-2 Visa

    Her overstay voids her existing visa. She can apply for another visa in the future.
  25. Go with the winning letter name. Once you have the GC, then change your name.